GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > Rasher

Rate this Entry

Day 5: Our Holiday - Shuttle Take off

Posted 14-07-2009 at 04:19 AM by Rasher

We had a bit of a lazy day today. We had a lie-in (especially Jess) and then popped out to swap over our car for another one, as it had a fault. and then had a quick shopping to Walmart (you know I like my Walmart - although Linda doesn't appreciate it when I spend all our money in there whoops).

We then headed near to Kennedy Space Centre to watch the launch of the space shuttle. We got there about 1 1/2 hours before the scheduled launch time and managed to get a prime spot in Titusville - with a direct view of the launch pads about 5 miles away. We waited patiently with the number of people increasing and the atmosphere beginning to buzz. All was looking good until about 20 minutes before the launch time, when they started to say that there was lightening within the 20 mile radius. About 10 minutes before take off was due, it was obvious the lightening was not going to pass on time and the launch was cancelled.

There were a lot of very disappointed people, including another family from the UK who are flying home tomorrow, and so could not make the trip over again.

We are more fortunate - we will be back for the next attempt on Wednesday evening. Better luck next time.
We will keep you posted with what happens.

Trip back to Orlando was very slow, due to the amount of traffic on the road. So after finally making it back we have had a quite evening.

So it was a bit of a boring day, bit the kids both agreed, it was worth it, to try and see the shuttle take off.
Views 2155 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks