GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > Kaostic

Rate this Entry

Moving away from Reviews

Posted 29-07-2013 at 11:49 AM by Kaostic

I've been with GameGrin for almost five years now and started off doing reviews. It was a rough and sometimes terribly written road, but my skills in writing have definitely improved since that time. I've learned a lot about gaming, writing and the industry as a whole.

However, for the past year or so, I have been doing a lot more work on the news side of the website. About six months ago, I took over the press relations for GameGrin also and, around the same time, took on another project.

All of this work starts to pile up after a while and I've started to see it affect my reviews, mainly in terms of turn around speed. For instance, my latest review, Magic 2014, took me just under two weeks to complete. This is far too long really and it's been happening for a while.

Now, this doesn't mean I am stopping writing entirely. I will still be doing a weekly segment called "The Indie Challenge", staff blogs and articles. It just means that I will most likely not be taking reviews (or previews) unless urgently needed.

So keep your eyes peeled for all the regular, quality content that we are publishing, with my small inclusions.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1672 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks