GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Blogs > Rasher

Rate this Entry

Day 18: Our Holiday - Even More Star Wars today

Posted 28-07-2009 at 05:16 PM by Rasher

Today was the day that both Luke and I have been looking forward to all holiday - Disney Hollywood Studios - and even more Star Wars.

When we arrived at the park, we headed straight for the Star Wars area. We discovered that there was a new thing, a little show involving Jedi's, Darth Vader, a couple of storm troopers and 12 kids training to be Jedi's. We got there just as one show was finishing, and of course Luke wanted to try and have a go. So we had to wait 40 minutes to make sure we had a front row position to try and get him picked.

As it started. and they got to the picking kids bit, Luke was doing his best jumping up and down and waving his arms. Fortunately he got chosen (don't know what we would have done if he hadn't -probably had to wait for the next one and try again) Anyway, they got given a Jedi cloak and a light saber, and were taught some moves. Then Darth Vader appeared and they each got to fight him. Luke had a huge grin on his face by the end.

After the show, Linda and the kids went on the Star Wars ride, and then it was the much anticipated visit to Tatooine Traders - the Star Wars shop.....
What can i say about this shop, if you are a Star Wars fan, this shop just rocks.
We brought a mix of things from it, a mug for me, speeder bikes for Luke and some books and a helmet...

After having spent about 3 hours in just that area we thought we had better do a bit more of the park. We saw a Muppet 3D show (a bit naff really), went on a great Toy Story shooting ride, then the 2 big rides, Rock and Roll Roller coaster and Tower of Terror. Jess still hated Tower of Terror - but I am going to keep making her go on it until she overcomes it.

Finished at the park at about 6.30, went back to the apartment for a short rest before going out to dinner (I had promised Linda a meal out tonight)

Then it was bed early, as we have a fully packed day tomorrow.
Views 3546 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks