View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
GPU manufacturers to go for (or to avoid)

OK guys, it's been ages since I shelled out my hard earned cash for a graphics card so I don't know which companies are better than others at the moment and I'm planning to buy an R9 390 shortly so I'd appreciate your opinions.

I had a good experience with HIS years ago with my amazingly overclockable 9800 pro but their 390 cooler looks like Dame Edna's sunglasses, and the Powercolor allegedly overclocked 3870 I bought that woudn't run at stock speeds was a let down so they're not on my wish list.

I'd appreciate your advice on who gives the best interpretation of the card in terms of performance. I don't mind paying (a bit) more for a card I'm going to be happy with so cost isn't really the priority.