View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #18
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HD6950 2Gb - Where to go next?

I'm in the same boat. I have a 6950 which, since my CPU upgrade to an i5 clocked to 4.6Ghz has become the bottleneck in the system

What would be a good match for my CPU? I only play at 1080p as I use my TV as a monitor so higher resolutions aren't important to me at all but I'm finding that games like Witcher 3 stutter and lag even with the eye candy turned down.

I'd like to arrive at a point where the GPU and CPU complement each other rather than one or the other hold things back.

Any suggestions from you hardware experts?