GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 22-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
12V Electric Projects - Attach a car cigarette socket lighter to the wheelchair

This link here will take you to all projects

This ones been quite a lot of thought
The cost of buying something like this ranges from 90 to 300
So did this myself for a hell of a lot cheaper.

I got the idea from the time I purchased an 12v electric blanket (to use in the car)
With my condition I do get cold really easy, plus its not like I can run around to warm up.

So I thought "hey! what If I could plug that in to my wheelchair to keep me warm in the winter"

The mission.

Covert 24v Wheelchair battery to run and charge 12v cigarette lighter socket devices and 5v USB devices.
(I am sure you can see where this is going)

So here it is.

One of the batteries in its case untouched
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	23923

The start of the internal wiring

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	23924

The next two images are of adding the power dropper, cigarette socket and isolator switch

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	23925

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	23926

You should be able to see here I have added some in-line fuses to help catch any over loading problems

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	23927

This is just a basic on/off switch so i can pick and choose when I want the socket to be activated.

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	23928

An easier shot of the button to work out where it is. (Blue button)

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	23929

Cigarette socket with waterproof cap/lid

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	23930

The cap/lid open

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	23931

So far fits all 12v cigarette fitments

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	23932

A photo of the socket once the battery is fitter, side view

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	23933

Another side view

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	23934

View from the rear (you can just see the 2nd battery before it)

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	23935

This will attached to the wheelchair (with 3 sockets)

Name:	2013-05-18 15.56.48.jpg
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	23936

It also has 3 on/off switches plus a USB port.

Name:	2013-05-18 15.56.58.jpg
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	23937

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 12V Electric Projects - Attach a car cigarette socket lighter to the wheelchair

One of the other reasons behind this is, if I am out on my own and my phone dies, I am in trouble, its not easier getting to somewhere to ring.

Now I can do an emergency charge on my mobile phone.

For the shows we visit, I am planning on fitting a 3g/4g Internet connection in to the box, so staff and myself can have full Internet access at any shows we cover.

On a down side, after fitting this I noticed one of the batters has some dead cells, so I need to replace the batteries before I can fully use them here.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 22-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 12V Electric Projects - Attach a car cigarette socket lighter to the wheelchair

That's really cool, especially the 3g/4g idea
Old 22-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I know how I'm sticking close to at MCM this weekend...
Rash is going to become a portal hotspot.. If I had photoshop right now, I'd put a some antenna on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister
It was this, or play with myself
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
That's really cool, especially the 3g/4g idea
Yeah, the amount of times we are out and could do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
I know how I'm sticking close to at MCM this weekend...
Rash is going to become a portal hotspot.. If I had photoshop right now, I'd put a some antenna on him.
You know that photoshop if bad for your health right?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 22-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
You know that photoshop if bad for your health right?
I think it's bad for your appearance, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister
It was this, or play with myself
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Cool beans. I saw the final product but it's cool to see the stuff that leads up to that point.

May be time for a forum name change for you though, "Rasher" -> "Router"
CHEAP LAN#94 TICKETS? HERE'S HOW...

djdawsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice

haha thats great, next you will have a gaming rig built onto the side of it.... Stephen Hawkings chair sucks compares to how yours is going to be.
Old 23-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #9
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

Im surprised they they don't have a full camera rig strapped to you at MCM