GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 25-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
XPS M1710

So as not to hijack another thread, my laptop is up for sale..

Its an XPS M1710 (July 07)

# System: Dell XPS M1710 (Metalic Black color lid)
# Processor: Intel Core 2 T7400 (2.16 GHz)
# Memory: 2GB @ 667MHz - 2 DIMM Slots (2 x 1GB)
# Hard Drive: 150GB capacity at a speed of 7200 RPM
# Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX 512MB DDR memory
# Screen: WUXGA Truelife (1920 x 1200)
# Optical Drive: 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW/+R) with Dual-Layer
# OS: Microsoft XP
# Wireless Card: Intel 3945 (802.11b/g)
# Battery: 9-cell lithium ion recharegable battery
# Ports / Slots: 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader, DVI-D, VGA video output, S-Video, IEEE 1394 (Firewire), 6 USB 2.0, Express Card slot, Modem, Ethernet/LAN, Microphone in, Headphone out, SmartCard Reader
# Integrated Subwoofer
# Onboard Bluetooth

Its still the dogs knackers, cost me 1500 new

There are a couple of superficial marks on the lid, but only visiable when searching under bright light.

Comes with a nice samsonite case and an XPS back pack, perfect for Lan-age..

Review of base spec..
http://www.notebookreview.com/defaul...Dell+XPS+M1710

mine has a number of upgrades on that spec.. but gives you a good idea..

Make me a sensible offer

Old 25-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: XPS M1710

q: why you selling?

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

Since we moved south and had baby, life is much more expensive. I have just got a decent spec desktop free from my sis (courtsy of her work - legit :P) and as I'm not gaming much anymore I can sell and free up some cash.
Old 25-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Will you post to Nigeria?

Sorry I really shouldn't have posted that.

I just don't get why peeps don't shove it on ebay where the whole country can see it.

Yes I know you have your scammers and ebay and paypal love taking a nice slice of the final fees but for something like this its probably your best bet.

Last edited by Nex; 25-05-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
Vale

Vortigaunt

I will, but i always like to offer the chance to GO members first.
Old 31-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Vale

Vortigaunt

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELL-Inspiron-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 31-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

If you post that abroad m8 do not accept payment by paypal.

Even if you send it recorded you wont be covered by paypal protection.

If you do send it to anyone who pays by paypal make sure they live in the UK and there address is 'confirmed' otherwise you can pretty much kiss goodbye to all your money.

Make sure its sent by a recorded trackable method as well like parcel force.

If you ever do get into a dispute then at least you have a tracking number to prove its been sent and you can see where it is.

Laptops like that are a high target for scammers.

If you have any question then just ask.

Last edited by Nex; 31-05-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 31-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #8
Vale

Vortigaunt

thanks for the info m8,

if someone from abroad was to bid x and win.. If they use the pay now and I see the money in my paypal account, am I not home and dry?
Old 31-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I would wait untill its in yuor bank account mate.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
thanks for the info m8,

if someone from abroad was to bid x and win.. If they use the pay now and I see the money in my paypal account, am I not home and dry?
Far far from it I'm afraid.

I would refund them and tell them if they still wish to complete the transaction then they need to use another method of payment.

I would make it clear on your auction that if you going to be sending it abroad then only a cheque or a bank transfer will suffice.

I don't really know a lot about postal orders and I have heard a lot of bad things about them as well so safe is definitely the best option with such a high amount of money.

Also never use links in emails or messages to log into ebay or especially paypal.

You get a lot of spoof emails that take you to a link that looks just like your paypal account and shows you have been sent the money yet if you log in from the website then you will find you account has nothing of them.

You also get emails saying you will receive the payment after you have sent the tracking number and unfortunately a lot of people fall for that one.

Theres loads of good info and tips on this forum who deal with ebay all the time.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.html?f=40

Last edited by Nex; 31-05-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 31-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #11
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
I would wait untill its in yuor bank account mate.
Even then its not safe im afraid to say.

Paypal will put you into a negative balance and anything else you sell will go towards recooping that balance.

But rather then do that these days they just pass the debt onto a debt collector who will harass you for the outstanding funds leaving you with no laptop and however much it sold for out of pocket.
Old 31-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Vale

Vortigaunt

that sux! thanks again nex, was unaware of the pitfalls of paypal
Old 31-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
that sux! thanks again nex, was unaware of the pitfalls of paypal
No worries any more questions just gimme a shout or ask on that forum.
Old 31-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #14
Vale

Vortigaunt

REP For NEX!!

Got an email from ebay and 4 notices in my account, ebay had cancelled someones bid for being dodgy ta!

P.S. wanna buy my laptop?
Old 31-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
P.S. wanna buy my laptop?
Do you accept monopoly money?

Also will you be willing to send it to my long lost cousins sister who is getting it for a friend to give to her daughter who doesn't even exist in outer mongolia.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #16
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Fiver?
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
Nex

Assassin

I forgot to say Vale.

I strongly suggest you block anyone who doesn't have a credit card on file.

With a item of this high value they ain't gonna be using pocket change hanging around in there paypal account.

Makes it a lot safer for you to.

You can do that as well as lots of other options here.

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...ockPreferences
Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
Nex

Assassin

You sold it then Vale?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #19
Vale

Vortigaunt

no, long story, gonna relist it :/
Old 01-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
Nex

Assassin

Quote:
no, long story, gonna relist it :/
Oh dear well at least its better then being scammed and losing it all together.