Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Counter-Strike League

Counter-Strike League Counter-Strike League Click here for web site

Old 10-01-2001, 10:45 PM   #1
!!_{RM}_!!

Houndeye

!!_{RM}_!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Post The Bunning Hop Cheat

The Bunny Hop has been classed as a cheat by GOCSL admin-types

This is not just tapping space bar a few times, its when people change their mouse config and such like so that you can jump around a map like a bunny. We feel that this gives people an unfair advantage, and therefore has been classed as cheating.

Opinions
!!_{RM}_!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:39 AM   #2
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Question

change ur mouse config?
Hmmm no, all you do is Jump, left and right, with a Trick in the middle which i cant sya becuase it exploiting and all, I dont do it no, it doenst reallyhelp at all unless you can do it like "that".

Also, about the silent walkfast, I have Seen Endless ppl, Even GO regulars do it, I mean, Practially Everyone, So why did everyone have a Go at me when 10's after 10's of other ppl do it.
I dont wanna start anything i just, Can you make the silentwalkfast thingy not allowed to plz.
cloud_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:45 AM   #3
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

Dr.BLiND is an unknown quantity at this point
So this has nothing to do with jumping when beeing shot at???

It means I can still jump accross an open area to avoid fire?
Dr.BLiND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:33 PM   #4
RomperStomper

Houndeye

RomperStomper is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually got accused of cheating last night by using the silent walkfast!!

This reaaallly P***ed me off as I have never cheated in CS. Just another case of someone seeing something on a board and thinking that everyone does it

Off topic I know!
RomperStomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 02:36 PM   #5
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
I gather you also going to class the bugs on cobble and siege as cheats as well?

Wondering if hostage jumping is allowed though because it is a actic when you think about it and could be done just like camping!
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 07:28 PM   #6
!!_{RM}_!!

Houndeye

!!_{RM}_!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Nah cloud you're thinking of something else m8 It does involve changing ur mouse config, so that your mouse wheel down button = jump and then you have to do a variety of different movements with the mouse. It's easily recognisable tho, but so far i haven't seen anyone of a GO server do it yet.

O course peggy
I was thinking along the lines of taking 2/3 rounds of the clans total score of the game. Or kicking the peep of the server.
What sort of punishments do people think are fair and reasonable?
!!_{RM}_!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 08:46 PM   #7
Pegster

Bullsquid

Pegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura aboutPegster has a spectacular aura about
Personally anyone caught using those bugs would ...

1. Have a noose put around their neck

2. Be beaten continuously around the chin with a frozen kipper until it is fully defrosted ( we put it in rashers fridge to keep it fresh for the next 1 to step out of line )

3. They then have to use a spray decal every single round stating their admiration for all those other players who aren't as lame as they

4. They also have to buy guns for their team mates if they have more than $800

5. They have to attempt to perform the worm dance when in the middle of a heavy fire fight making sure that they present a hilarious and un-missable target

6. They should then be dragged throguh the streets on the back of a horse and cart with Jess throwing large balls at their head ( like in that battledome game ) until they reach Gameon HQ

7. They are brought b4 rash and then bow down to him and pray that they are allowed to play on the servers again cos they know everyone on jolt & BW are @55h0l35

well that might seem a bit x-7|23m3 but i think it is perfectly justifiable
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 10:02 PM   #8
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough
Arrow

No you odnt chnage ur mouse config, you just jump left and right whilst pressing left and right, that is Bunny hopping. theres an article on it over at cs.n
cloud_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 10:42 PM   #9
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
You aint seen it obviously m8

Crazeh
ShoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2001, 11:53 AM   #10
Ch3tan

Snark

Ch3tan is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually your both right. bunny jumping can be done without any scripts or binds, all u need is practise. It involves jumping while u r moving back or forward with great speed, then using only the strafe keys and jump, before u hit the ground to give u increased speed. It can also be done with binds and scripts, just too tkae that cheating element that much further.
Hossie jumping is another exploit, and should be banned too.
Ch3tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:37 PM   #11
Dante

Fast Zombie

Dante is an unknown quantity at this point
Peg I dont think anyone knows the wonder of what the worm is .
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 09:57 AM   #12
MaZ

Human Grunt

MaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura aboutMaZ has a spectacular aura about
Bunnyhopping is exactly like in TFC, apart from shyteloads harder cos of the physics realism in CS
MaZ is offline   Reply With Quote