GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Playstation

Playstation Covers discussions on anything Playstation related.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
Cooling problems

Round me mates house last night and he's got a PS3.

Prob is he's been having cooling issues. He told me he'll be playing GT5 for like 1 hour and notice that the system is getting very hot (when you touch the case). Next thing he knows the PS3 will go mental and have all the fans on full (very loud) for about 10 mins.

He said one of his mates has also got the same issue but non of the others. Does anyone know about this?

He's had to buy a set of fans that plug into the front to help cool it down which seems to be working
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cooling problems

Has he used a vacuum cleaner on the vents to clear the dust out?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Has he used a vacuum cleaner on the vents to clear the dust out?
Im gonna try that i think because mine gets warm too.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

tbh he's not used it that much from new so can't see that it has allot of dust in it. Will ask him next time i see him
Old 06-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Vector_Uk

Scanner

Vector_Uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy the ps3 fan, i think its around 10 from argos (UK).

I bought one as i had the exact same problem as your mate did then i got the fan and its pretty easy to install using one of the usbs on the ps3, it sorted the overheating problem.
Vector_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, I thought 360s were meant to be the only ones with overheating problems.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
Vector_Uk

Scanner

Vector_Uk is an unknown quantity at this point

They are, this only normally happens when its played for a long time.
Vector_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector_Uk View Post
They are, this only normally happens when its played for a long time.
1 hour isn't a long time.

In the end he sent it back to Sony as his blu ray player also blew up.

They charged him 100.

Good old sony still ripping people off.