GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - All Formats > Misc Games Chat

Old 17-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
SilentHeaven109

Zombie

SilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these parts
I Want Isaac Clarke to Die

I Want Isaac Clarke to Die

Visit here to read more

Dead Space 3 has been the subject of extensive criticism since its release, for everything from its homogenised gameplay, to the addition of tension-killing co-op, to EA's decision to include micro-transactions in a 40 game. It's not a bad game, by any means, but it certainly isn't scary.

......Read More

Old 18-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Where's the bloody down vote button on tapatalk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister
It was this, or play with myself
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
Re: I Want Isaac Clarke to Die

Just to clarify, the above comment was aimed at the preceding Spam posts, which have since been deleted. Thought I'd point the out as it looks a bit out of context now :P
Old 18-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I like it when main characters die in stories but in games, I'm not terribly bothered. Like you'd stated, I've killed Isaac Clarke thousands of times and watched his limbs being torn off in every which way possible, for me to see him die in the actual story would be anti-climatic if he didn't die in a spectacluar way.

Putting this aside, I agree completely with you that it makes the... reader/gamer? feel a lot more for the story and the remaining characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister
It was this, or play with myself
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
SilentHeaven109

Zombie

SilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these partsSilentHeaven109 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
for me to see him die in the actual story would be anti-climatic if he didn't die in a spectacluar way.
That'd be the challenge for the writers, killing him in a way that's fitting and setting the threat up for the next guy. I don't think challenge is even in the vocabulary of whoever's writing Dead Space these days though