GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 19-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of
Silent Hill: Book of Memories Detailed

Silent Hill: Book of Memories Detailed

Visit here to read more

Fans of the horror gaming series Silent Hill have been pondering what on earth Silent Hill: Book of Memories could possibly be since it was announced at E3.*
Personal feelings aside (WHAT THE F**K HAVE YOU GUYS DONE?!...ahem) it looks to be...interesting and will no doubt get the fanbase talking.

......Read More
Old 19-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Silent Hill: Book of Memories Detailed

If I wanted to play a game like that I'd play Left 4 Dead which is designed around the basis of multiplayer lols with friends and family, Silent Hill should not and never be on the same line as that idea.

Severly disappointed being a fan of the Silent Hill games for years now. Oh well, at least they are remaking the first (the best) into an XBox HD.
Old 19-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
If I wanted to play a game like that I'd play Left 4 Dead which is designed around the basis of multiplayer lols with friends and family, Silent Hill should not and never be on the same line as that idea.

Severly disappointed being a fan of the Silent Hill games for years now. Oh well, at least they are remaking the first (the best) into an XBox HD.
Its 2 and 3 that are getting the HD remakes isnt it? I could be wrong though and its all 3 (which would be EPIC).
Im gutted by this tbh, especially at the part where Pyramid Head is hinted at being chucked in.

This is one of my biggest gripes with the series recently, hmmm the game is lacking in atmosphere, the combat is ****e...what can we do to make it more Silent Hilly....I know...chuck in Pyramid Head.

Im not impressed so far, I think I shall be regressing back to the good old days with the original trilogy and saying balls to the new ones. ./grumpy fangirl rant.
Old 19-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be honest here. I've never been a massive Silent Hill fan, the games didn't scare me and the film was utter ********.

Strangely though, from a gameplay and atmosphere level, Silent Hill 2 still remains one of my favourite games. Now, I usually like a good story, but Silent Hill 2's confused me a bit, so correct me if I'm wrong here; but isn't the whole of Silent Hill 2 in the protaganists head? As in, the nightmarish creatures etc...? Doesn't this mean Pyramid Head should be exclusively in SH2 and never appear again?

Unless all the protaganists are that ****** in the head that they all imagine oversized pyramid headed rapey monsters.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
I'm going to be honest here. I've never been a massive Silent Hill fan, the games didn't scare me and the film was utter ********.

Strangely though, from a gameplay and atmosphere level, Silent Hill 2 still remains one of my favourite games. Now, I usually like a good story, but Silent Hill 2's confused me a bit, so correct me if I'm wrong here; but isn't the whole of Silent Hill 2 in the protaganists head? As in, the nightmarish creatures etc...? Doesn't this mean Pyramid Head should be exclusively in SH2 and never appear again?

Unless all the protaganists are that ****** in the head that they all imagine oversized pyramid headed rapey monsters.
Yes Kev, you are exactly right.
Each person in that town is there being tortured by their own personal demons - Angela, her father James, Pyramid Head.
It is a culmination of everything that has happened, his own personal punisher if that makes any sense.

That is why it gripes me to no end to see him put in every single game as he completely looses any symbolism he had in SH2.