GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 15-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #61
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
Re: I've just watched...

watched Hancock and Speed Racer this week, both suprisingly good. Speed Racer better of the two i think just because visually it's probably as much eye-candy as anyones brain can take in one go. Definately needs to be seen in high def.
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2009, 06:12 AM   #62
Marleena

Houndeye

Marleena is an unknown quantity at this point

i've just watched Heroes: Season 4 - Episode 3...
another great episode. the matt parkman-sylar scenes are getting better and better.
Marleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #63
TimmyShire

Fast Zombie

TimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura about

I watched District 9 yesterday.

Excellent, excellent film. Must go and see it!
TimmyShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #64
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute

i too just watched District 9 and thought it was one of the best films I have seen for a long time.

Highly recommended
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #65
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

I just watched a 1963 thriller called Charade with an awesome cast and a brilliant script. Lots of double crossing going on.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #66
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Having discovered DVD codecs on the work PC... I am about to watch "The Boondock Saints" (for the n'tn millions time)

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #67
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough

although i'm sure it's vastly entertaining, don't you have some work to do?

Like me...i'm learning about diversity! :rolleyes
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #68
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Sinatra: Concert for the Americas.

His voice may have been past its best, but his timing, class and overall performance is just brilliant. Never again will there be a man like him.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #69
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
Having discovered DVD codecs on the work PC... I am about to watch "The Boondock Saints" (for the n'tn millions time)
Good to see the government is giving you sufficient work to do & that they're maintaining a high calibre workforce :P
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #70
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Keep The River On The Right
Documentary about a guy revisiting cannibal tribes many years after he studied/lived with them. Interesting.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #71
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie does dallas, not as good as I was expecting, to hairy

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #72
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light

The Taking of Pelham 123 & Fighting, watched them both last night, Pelham was pretty good, predictable but good none the less well worth a watch, Fighting was boring,

Will have to watch District 9 few people have told me to watch that.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Ste (homz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #73
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

i've got man flu so watched terminator (new one)

now watching district 9
Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #74
Snoozer
Banned

I'm ashamed. I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption up until this evening. What a brilliant film.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #75
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
I'm ashamed. I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption up until this evening. What a brilliant film.
Fail.

Good film though isn't it? Definitely one of my favourites, if not my favourite.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #76
Snoozer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post
Fail.

Good film though isn't it? Definitely one of my favourites, if not my favourite.
Yeah, I know, I know. There's many iconic films I'm getting round to seeing. It's got that unique blend of acting, script and sheen that just makes it cinema bliss.

I also caught Pal Joey on BBC 2 on Saturday - You know Sinatra wasn't that bad an actor and for an old comedy, it did have me chuckling throughout.

O and I saw UP in 3D. Another Pixar triumph (and 3D IS the future of cinema).
Old 12-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #77
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
Good to see the government is giving you sufficient work to do & that they're maintaining a high calibre workforce :P
Hehe, Im not working for the GOverment anymore.

And, as I was the only one in the office, and all I was doing was waiting for a photocopier and signage to be delivered there wasn't much else to do really.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #78
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Zombieland = Epic enjoyment.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #79
jumpingjack

Scanner

jumpingjack is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just watched Waltz with Bashir this is probably the best animated film i have seen, it is truly hypnotic in parts and just an overall beauty to watch, it is about the director and his life during the lebanon war and how to retrace what happened to him. It goes from story to story and is quite fast paced, the only thing is its in Hebrew so you have to read subtitles but don't let that put you off what could be an amazing cinematic experience!!!!
jumpingjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #80
Killa-Kyle

Antlion
Administrator

Killa-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud ofKilla-Kyle has much to be proud of

Great thread, here is some input from me:

Highly recommend Wall-E watched that on the ferry this afternoon having put it off for ages... really enjoy it. Smiles and Cries
I just 10'ed that on IMDB

Also check Smokin' Aces if you missed it like me...

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Achtung Baby!

Xfire: gokyle
Killa-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote