GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameGrin Distributed Computing

GameGrin Distributed Computing
  • GameGrin Folding@Home
  • GameGrin Seti@Home
  • Milkyway@Home

Old 04-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #321
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on people

Will see if any of my mates with PS3s want in on it matey. lol.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #322
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

More folders plox!

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #323
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I think a recruitment drive is needed now, what is stopping you all helping GO rise up the ranks?, power consumption? I remember someone saying the GPU client slowed windows down bit? well in that case how about the CPU client? I can help if needed to get it up and running for you.
I am convinced most people just ignore threads in this forum but hey, gotta keep up the pressure if GO is to get high up the ranks and challenge Hexus

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 29-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #324
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I still have no proper internet, was supposed to be start of the month, then it was a couple weeks ago, then it was yesterday now it's tomorrow...

If you bump this tomorrow - or the day after, when I SHOULD finally have a stable connection, I'll leave one of the clients running when I'm out and about/at Xbox/on laptop as my PC is on pretty much all day most days.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #325
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Obv. the GPU client slows down Windows.

Is there any way to automate a client start?

If I could set it to auto start at like midnight, then I wouldn't forget to set it going when I go to bed.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 29-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #326
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

I always had problems with the clients not running properly (crashing on configuration).

Plus tbh I can't afford to leave my PC on 24/7 folding, and I don't want to wreck my PS3 by doing so either. If I was in the position where I had a mini shuttle or something with decent cooling that I could leave perma folding with little other action I would but unfortunately not for the foreseeable future.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #327
Platinum
raggggggggge

Erm dunno Az, But both of you, how about running the CPU client on startup and setting its priority to low, then it will only fold when the CPU is free, fire up a game ect and it will pretty much stop what its doing?

Excessneo sounds like a config issue, if your interested in giving it another go give me a shout and I can run you through it, biggest problem I have found is UAC ***** up the config of the SMP client every time.
Best thing I have found to do is disable UAC, reboot (need to do this so that its properly disabled) run install.bat then run the client to set it up.
Next turn UAC back on and reboot, all should work fine then.

Old 13-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #328
Platinum
raggggggggge

Down to 5 folders at the moment, I see new members, anyone fancy helping the team out?
How about some of the old folders? I know a few of you complained the client slowed the PC down, this only happens with the GPU client so for you lot how about installing the CPU client?
It all helps

Old 13-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #329
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

Setting up a low priority CPU client now matey.

Also, I have the folloowing going onto mt network, also running a CPU client, at some point in the next few weeks.

2 x P3 a 1ghz and an 800Mhz

1 x Athlon 64 3200

1 x P4 Celeron 800.

Shame there is no client for Wyse terminals running Windows CE. lol. I would put 2 of those on too.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 13-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #330
Platinum
raggggggggge

Nice, the Wise terminals would be to slow

Old 14-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #331
Platinum
raggggggggge

Seeing you back on the stats now Az
Anyone else care to help us? With all the CPU and GPU power we have between use we should be way up the rankings

Old 15-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #332
Platinum
raggggggggge

Currently averaging 10,907 ppd, well done all, for some reason I am not getting Bigadv units at the moment, must be a shortage, thats why my output has dropped.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #333
Platinum
raggggggggge

More more more!

Old 15-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #334
Platinum
raggggggggge

Down to 6 active folders at the moment, The forums and lans are growing, any of the new members fancy helping out the team?

Old 17-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #335
Platinum
raggggggggge

Only 4 people folding

Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #336
Platinum
raggggggggge

Need more

Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #337
Platinum
raggggggggge

Clients page updated, check your clients and see if they need updating, newer clients / core will be more beneficial to the project and may net you more points.

Old 19-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #338
Platinum
raggggggggge

Down to 4 active atm , ill be folding on my own at this rate

Old 19-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #339
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

GOt 3 machines folding ATM.

And Im also playing with a Linux client and attempting to get it to run on an Xbox classic. lmao.

Should add around 3 or 4 ppd if it works.

Playing with CPU/GPU configs as well.

Also, if I get a Quad core CPU will I be able to run 3 CPU clients and a GPU???

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 19-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #340
Platinum
raggggggggge

No point running 3 clients on a quad core, low points, just run the SMP client instead and remember to use the -smp tag