GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone coming to the LAN this weekend know about Car Electrics

Anyone coming to the LAN this weekend know about Car Electrics...

What is it, I need a separate power going in to the back of the car, from either the battery or fuse box,
Its to put lighter socket in, but will be high amps as its going to be a power inverted being used to re-charge the wheelchair.

So its more advise i need on this one,
If someone is at the LAN i can show you where i want to fit stuff and you tell me what issues i am going to have.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
finlay666

Poisonous Zombie

finlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud offinlay666 has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone coming to the LAN this weekend know about Car Electrics

Guy will be the one to ask IMO, I think he is coming down on at least one of the days
finlay666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

ohh cool, cheers for the heads up, not seen Guy in ages

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
stevie lee

Houndeye

stevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the rough

fyi. it should be about 7-8amps for a big charger, standard is around 4, unless youve got one of those bigger fancy ones that can do 18amps.
thats standard 240V charger ampage at the wall though, dunno if being inverted or anything changes the ampage required or not.

just so you know for the guage of wiring needed so it doesnt melt all over the place. and if you want to get a bigger charger at some point, so you know your covered for upgrades.

and the chargers tend to output at 14.4V (not checked the bigger 18amp one yet)
stevie lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
tiggerai

Zombie

tiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura abouttiggerai has a spectacular aura about

My t'other half would know... he's just fitted an Aux battery into the Van for important charging of stuff - usually deals with big f-off boat batteries so if you're still stuck for advice, let me know!
tiggerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
stevie lee

Houndeye

stevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the roughstevie lee is a jewel in the rough

just realised mistake in my previous post - that voltage output is just for 1 battery, theres 2 on powerchairs so itll be around 28.8v ish (ive not actually checked with 2 batteries though)

and as for charging time, it depends which size batteries youve got. 34ah or the 40ah (anywhere between 32ah and 44ah). just doing a quick bulk charge and not a complete cycle can damage them quickly, so they wont last aslong.

im getting over 2 years, up to 3 years with the ones at shopmobility. most were last changed around july 2009.
stevie lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Yeah i have just had to have fitted new batteries (wont put the price on here)

We only need 12v going to the inventor, then that will charge the chair.
There's a chance we will be on the road later this year for about 7-10 days with no (hardly) access to charge often (wheelchair normally requires a full 7/8 hours of charge)

This is an fairly heavy duty inverter
A lot of the stats for it are on that page

They recommend if you are going to pump over 200W then not use the cigarette lighter socket,
Cant recall what Watts the chair uses for recharging, but we did work out we would go over the 200w mark (not 100% if that was just charging or other things)
I can check when i am back home what spec the charger is.

Follow me on Twitter