GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion

Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion Chat about all your gadgets, toys and all things geek!

Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
GPU manufacturers to go for (or to avoid)

OK guys, it's been ages since I shelled out my hard earned cash for a graphics card so I don't know which companies are better than others at the moment and I'm planning to buy an R9 390 shortly so I'd appreciate your opinions.

I had a good experience with HIS years ago with my amazingly overclockable 9800 pro but their 390 cooler looks like Dame Edna's sunglasses, and the Powercolor allegedly overclocked 3870 I bought that woudn't run at stock speeds was a let down so they're not on my wish list.

I'd appreciate your advice on who gives the best interpretation of the card in terms of performance. I don't mind paying (a bit) more for a card I'm going to be happy with so cost isn't really the priority.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GPU manufacturers to go for (or to avoid)

Can't comment on whether they're the best but I've been using Sapphire for a number of years (most recent was an R9 200 series card) and I've never had a single problem with them.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote