GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 03-09-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
I've just watched...

Thought of a new idea where we can share the films we've just seen, a bit like the "stuck in my head" music thread.

Just got around to watching American Gangster. Directed by Ridley Scott and stars Russell Crowe / Denzel Washington.

Thought the acting was supreme, cinematography good and the plot enduring through to the end. Watch the Extended Unrated version if you can. It's an interesting insight into the true story of Frank Lucas, a black american who fuelled a drug empire larger than the Mafia. Highly recommended.

Feel free to share your latest viewing no matter what age. Recommend or poop, thought it'd be a good idea. Try to avoid spoilers though
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I've just watched...

Absolutely loved that film, and Denzel and Russel played there parts amazingly well.

I've just watched Babylon A.D. and actually really enjoyed it. Set several years in the future where countries have collapsed, and new religions have risen. Toulouk (I think thats his name) must protect and deliver a young woman to New York, where details of her story/uniqueness are told along the way.

Of course Vin Diesel is playing the same old role, but that isn't a bad thing as I feel in this film he has done it great justice. Action scenes are pretty good, and the story is pretty involving. I especially like the portrayal of the world of the future, only a few years i know but something about it feels more believable then all that otehr tripe out there.

Oh and I also watched Planet Terror, but I can't be ****d to say anything about that film as I need to hit the hay.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I have recently watched Postal, Not a bad way to spend a hour and a half, got some good lols and stays quite true to the game

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

jurassic park on ITV2.

forgot how good that movie is.

old school ftw.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Step Brothers

Not bad tbh. Silly in parts and highly disturbing humour on occasion. Killer lols at Will Ferrell's and John C Reilly sleepwalking acting. Had me in fits. It was either this or Disaster Movie and I'd never see that in a million years.
Old 16-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Snoozer
Banned

Pineapple Express. James Franco is hilarious.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #7
Snoozer
Banned

Righteous Kill. Dear god that was good...
Old 06-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #8
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Cloverfield, for the first time on an HD tv. Pure awesomeness!
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about

The Interpreter. It was a good watch as I ate my tea and let it settle! :P

Not the best thriller I've seen, but wasn't that bad and probably worth a watch if you're into thrillers.

IMDB: The Interpreter
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #10
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Last night I watched Sleepy Hollow for the first time... amazing, if somewhat over-bloody.

I was IDed when I bought it too. I lol'd.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
The Interpreter. It was a good watch as I ate my tea and let it settle! :P

Not the best thriller I've seen, but wasn't that bad and probably worth a watch if you're into thrillers.

IMDB: The Interpreter
that film was meh.

watched it at the cinema...nothing to write home about.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Milfhunter 497 part 2

They're dragging some right old trolls out these days.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Milfhunter 497 part 2

They're dragging some right old trolls out these days.
yah, I hear what you are saying.

The CGI bukkake scenes are just not realistic at all.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

That's CGI? I thought that tidal wave was real!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #15
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

POSTAL is classss love it and love the game
Old 23-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #16
Snoozer
Banned

Transporter 3 - Same old mindless Jason Statham. Not as good as the previous two.

Vantage Point - A story told from various perspectives that keeps you guessing until the end. Typical thriller goodness, and a pretty smart script to boot. I'd recommend this.

Flash of Genius - True stories always make good films (generally) as do underdog stories. The man behind the modern windscreen wiper reckons Ford stole his patents. It's an interesting story that's fairly engaging.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Can this be for TV shows as well?

I've just watched the pilot for Better Off Ted and it's the funniest thing I've seen for ages. The last thing that made me laugh out loud like this one was the first series of Coupling.
Old 13-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Been working my way through Babylon 5 recently, currently at season 2 episode 20 and it's quickly becoming one of my favourite series.

Film wise, watched Freaked earlier which is hilarious.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
Jazzmaverickjim

Houndeye

Jazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: I've just watched...

Baseketball. nuff said.
Jazzmaverickjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #20
Jazzmaverickjim

Houndeye

Jazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished roadJazzmaverickjim is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: I've just watched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
Pineapple Express. James Franco is hilarious.
Sol was based on my friend wiggy, im sure of it.
Jazzmaverickjim is offline   Reply With Quote