GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 13-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Re: I've just watched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Can this be for TV shows as well?

I've just watched the pilot for Better Off Ted and it's the funniest thing I've seen for ages. The last thing that made me laugh out loud like this one was the first series of Coupling.
Course it can, it was just a similar thread to what you're listening to (which proves to be not only music).

Better Off Ted is sublime.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #22
DannyM

Manhack

DannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the roughDannyM is a jewel in the rough

Just started watching "Brotherhood" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457229/ I am rather enjoying it, fairly good baseline to start from, and always something going on.
Old 16-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
Ste (homz)

Bullsquid

Ste (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of lightSte (homz) is a glorious beacon of light

Good idea for a thread man,

I watched Eagle Eye the other night, loved it, great film also watched Das Untergang (Downfall) film about Hitlers last days, again great film.

Watched the new Fast & Furious when it came out, that was also very good

Stuck for stuff to watch at the moment so hopfully this thread will offer some inspiration

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Ste (homz) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #24
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Just watched the good old High Plains Drifter again, awesome film.

I also really enjoyed Fast and Furious, but you really can't take it seriously at all to do so.
GuNsLiNgEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
Jessica

Manhack

Jessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud ofJessica has much to be proud of

Last night Dad and I watched Red
It's an amazing film, it really touches your heart. It's not my Dad's type of film, because it is such a sad film, however he really liked it.

All I'm gonna say is that it's about a man and his dog......
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post

All I'm gonna say is that it's about a man and his dog......
That could be taken so many different ways on these forums.
But i have to say, i did enjoy watching Red

Wasn't my type of film, but really made you want to see it through to the end.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
TimmyShire

Fast Zombie

TimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura about

I recently saw The Mist. Everyone was going on about it having a shocking ending and being a great film. I thought the ending was annoying. It didn't shock, and the way it was done you could tell the director was trying to force the 'shockness'. Hopefully others have seen it and can agree with me because the rest of the film was quite enjoyable and I was let down by the ending.

And, why does it ALWAYS have to be monsters? Come on, King... just having deadly mysterious mist would've been waaay better.
TimmyShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #28
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyShire View Post
I recently saw The Mist. Everyone was going on about it having a shocking ending and being a great film. I thought the ending was annoying. It didn't shock, and the way it was done you could tell the director was trying to force the 'shockness'. Hopefully others have seen it and can agree with me because the rest of the film was quite enjoyable and I was let down by the ending.

And, why does it ALWAYS have to be monsters? Come on, King... just having deadly mysterious mist would've been waaay better.
That film was a pile of trollop. The short story is much better.

Also, to say he only writes about monsters is showing an obvious unfamiliarity with King's fiction. Carrie and The Shining to name two famous examples.

On topic, Family Guy this week rocks.
Old 20-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #29
TimmyShire

Fast Zombie

TimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyShire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
That film was a pile of trollop. The short story is much better.

Also, to say he only writes about monsters is showing an obvious unfamiliarity with King's fiction. Carrie and The Shining to name two famous examples.

On topic, Family Guy this week rocks.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. And what was with the main characters 'bad guy' voice he'd put on from time to time. Sounded like Christian Bale's Batman...

Re: King. I know, I'm just bitter that he wasted what could've been quite a cool and different idea by adding monsters.

As for Family Guy... Surfin' Bird now on repeat in my head...
TimmyShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #30
Snoozer
Banned

Australia: lengthy, some awesome cinematography, some good performances (I adore Nicole Kidman) and overall the plot was coherent. Watch in HD
Old 27-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #31
Trepkkos

Manhack

Trepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
I adore Nicole Kidman
thats quite gay
Trepkkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #32
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold

Just watched Mallrats and Crank in a bid to cheer up a friend who just lost their job (they like Jason Statham!!) and is a big Kevin Smith fan.

Needless to say they got slightly drunk and forgot about their troubles for a night

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #33
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Mallrats FTW

"unless it's inside his mouth... yes?" - Acelister 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #34
Physicist

Roller Mine

Physicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nicePhysicist is just really nice

Just finished watching Dark Knight, really enjoyed it
Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #35
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Watched a film called Crossing Over earlier, surprisingly good.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #36
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Righteous Kill...

Awesome, really good movie. Impressive performances across the board.

5* movie.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #37
Snoozer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael316 View Post
Just watched Righteous Kill...

Awesome, really good movie. Impressive performances across the board.

5* movie.
With a cast like that it would be difficult not to impress. I loved Righteous Kill, though with the plot, it's only really watchable once.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #38
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Anvil: The Story Of Anvil - excellent documentary looking at where Anvil are now, an 80s band that never really took off/got a lot of recognition like similar bands at the time but are still following their dream of making albums/performing music. Very interesting/and pretty inspiring considering how they're still so dedicated to the band and music (mostly), especially Steve Kudlow (lead/vocals) who seems like agenuinely nice guy.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #39
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Anvil: The Story Of Anvil - excellent documentary looking at where Anvil are now, an 80s band that never really took off/got a lot of recognition like similar bands at the time but are still following their dream of making albums/performing music. Very interesting/and pretty inspiring considering how they're still so dedicated to the band and music (mostly), especially Steve Kudlow (lead/vocals) who seems like agenuinely nice guy.
I really want to see this before I see them Live at Download this year.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #40
Snoozer
Banned

Just saw Star Trek and Angels and Demons, both awesome.