GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion

Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion Chat about all your gadgets, toys and all things geek!

Old 29-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #21
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Windows 10 megathread

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	24740

Apparently.
CHEAP LAN#94 TICKETS? HERE'S HOW...

djdawsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
Acelister

Alien Grunt

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

I'm still nervous about taking the plunge... What if my games don't work? What if the mods attached to the games don't work? What if it wipes everything? My last backup was over two months ago...

Of course, I do 80% of stuff on the cloud...

Quote:
VodKa - Today at 8:42 PM
im just off to get some
Acelister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #23
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister View Post
I'm still nervous about taking the plunge... What if my games don't work? What if the mods attached to the games don't work? What if it wipes everything? My last backup was over two months ago...

Taking the plunge now. Looks like the Media Creation tool is the best way to do it (Link in Beanz's post), as Windows Update kept throwing errors.

Will let you know if there's any resonance cascade scenarios. Though, you might know before me if that's the case.

Old 29-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #24
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

At 70% on the Media Creation tool.

Will be taking the plunge this weekend.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #25
Acelister

Alien Grunt

Acelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to allAcelister is a name known to all

Formatting a USB stick as I type. I only just realised that most of the non-cloud stuff is currently on my D and E drives...

Quote:
im just off to get some
Old 29-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #26
Acelister

Alien Grunt

And it's saying it can't find it...

Quote:
im just off to get some
Old 29-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #27
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
To everyone using the manual download - you still need to run it as an upgrade to qualify for the free version. Going straight to a clean install won't activate.

If you do want a clean install, you need to upgrade first and then nuke it.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #28
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
To everyone using the manual download - you still need to run it as an upgrade to qualify for the free version. Going straight to a clean install won't activate.

If you do want a clean install, you need to upgrade first and then nuke it.
Yes - should have mentioned that I used the "Upgrade this PC" option through the Media Creation tool to install. Will be clean installing this weekend most likely.

Old 29-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #29
Acelister

Alien Grunt

15% downloaded, still couldn't find my USB stick after a wipe, a FAT32 wipe, another NTFS wipe and a reboot... So I'm just Upgrading once it's downloaded. I hope...

Doesn't fill me full of hope when it can't see a USB stick that Windows 7 is fully capable of formatting for me...

Quote:
im just off to get some
Old 29-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #30
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Fingers crossed mine went through correctly - had a session on our remote support tool connected to my computer at home. It should have reconnected me when it hit the OOBE, but instead decided to connect me to a colleague's laptop instead. Will just have to wait until I get home to see what state it's in.
Old 29-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #31
Acelister

Alien Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Fingers crossed mine went through correctly - had a session on our remote support tool connected to my computer at home. It should have reconnected me when it hit the OOBE, but instead decided to connect me to a colleague's laptop instead. Will just have to wait until I get home to see what state it's in.
Want us to call the fire department?

Quote:
im just off to get some
Old 29-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #32
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Upgraded using Windows Update, no problems with the process and so far all seems good.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #33
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelister View Post
GCHQ / NSA approves of this

"unless it's inside his mouth... yes?" - Acelister 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #34
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute

Sod it, doing it now.

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 29-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #35
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

initial thoughts?
Old 29-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #36
Beanz
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
i been thinking about updating to 17.2 ... but i dunno if i wanna go down the whole RC..
Old 29-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #37
Beanz
Super Moderator

Home PC is all happy; Optimus appears to be borked on work laptop, so it's down to two monitors for the time being
Old 29-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #38
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute

anyone had trouble with Adobe CC and Win10?
Old 29-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #39
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

SO far so good.

No Apps have had a spaz fit.

All my games seem to work.

Only issue has been with Rise of Nations, no longer seems to like a dual monitor set up with different resolutions...

AFA (From Facebook) :

Old 29-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #40
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
anyone had trouble with Adobe CC and Win10?
Was using Photoshop earlier without issue, not tried any of the others.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote