GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion

Hardware, Software, Gadgets, Phones Discussion Chat about all your gadgets, toys and all things geek!

Old 18-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice
Networking issue

Hi guys, I have googled this but can not seem to find anything relevant, probably typing the wrong search query so thought i would ask here.

I have my main PC connected to a wireless network that i get broadband on.

192.168.1.x
192.168.1.254 (router)

then I have a 2nd wired connection that goes into a switch and has in turn another 2-3 pcs running on that.
sharing my net connection over this network
192.168.10.1 ip giving out ip with windows dhcp.
the other pcs on the network see this pc fine and its drive shares etc, they can connect to the interwebs fine and that part is all gravey.

My problem is that when i try to connect from my main pc to one of those machines ( remote desktop for example) nothing happens, cant even ping them. if i turn off my usb wifi though and have the single network it works fine ..

Does anyone know how to solve this. ?

Old 18-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
dominoid

Bullsquid

dominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the rough
Are all machines definitely on the same subnet?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dominoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
snaggs

Manhack

snaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nicesnaggs is just really nice
Re: Networking issue

yea they are. just checked again to be sure ( but was sure already)
255.255.255.0 for main pc, and all others
Old 18-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

are they all pointing to the same gateway?

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #5
snaggs

Manhack

Yes Steve. all on the 2nd network point to 192.168.10.1 (this pc) and all stuff related to sharing of internet seems to be working fine.
Old 18-03-2016, 03:33 PM   #6
snaggs

Manhack

Left is lan that connects them all, right is wifi lan that connects to net.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-03-18 15.31.29.png
Views:	33
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	24893  
Old 18-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
snaggs

Manhack

nobody else got any more suggestions ? it is really winding me up. gone as far as a OS reinstall on 1 pc just to test that.
Old 18-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

i would think this is being caused my the NICs metric rating.
sending the packets out over the incorrect interface.

maybe a static route needs to be set up?
something like
route add 192.168.10.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.10.1

as i recall that should send any packets destined for the 192.168.10.* range out over the 192.168.10.1 interface.

as i recall i could be talking bollocks.

... this wouldn't be an issue with iptables _
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #9
snaggs

Manhack

Out of simple logic ( which i do sometimes lack) I did kinda guess it was something to do with sending any data out over the wrong connection as disabling the wifi then allows the connection between all pcs on network 2 to work perfectly. I shall that.

were does that line need to go? is it something that will run in cmd prompt ?
Old 18-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
snaggs

Manhack

I thought my Location was a slightly amusing, then glanced at yours while reading that last post again. Coughed milkshake on my keyboard.. cheers
Old 18-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #11
snaggs

Manhack

this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-03-18 23.18.03.png
Views:	25
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	24894  
Old 19-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
dominoid

Bullsquid

dominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the roughdominoid is a jewel in the rough

I think you missed the word "mask" is all
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/.../bb490991.aspx
dominoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #13
snaggs

Manhack

All working now Thanks
Old 19-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Format C:

"unless it's inside his mouth... yes?" - Acelister 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #15
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
I thought my Location was a slightly amusing, then glanced at yours while reading that last post again. Coughed milkshake on my keyboard.. cheers
more amusing when i tell you I'm now MARRIED to my friends little sister
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2016, 09:08 PM   #16
snaggs

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Format C:
That isn't even the worst suggestion to try someone on Facebook suggested defragging it thinking they were honestly helping bless them.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
AnitaImmer

Scanner

AnitaImmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Networking issue

Im sure I had this issue with my 310XT at some point. IIRC I did the full rest thing, where you hold multiple buttons. Other option is to just let it go flat. Is it responding to other buttons? Your On/Off button may have died.
AnitaImmer is offline   Reply With Quote