GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Xbox & Xbox 360

Xbox & Xbox 360 Covers discussions on anything Xbox related.

Old 21-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #21
NathanielxWv4

Scanner

NathanielxWv4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Left 4 Dead 2 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Explain
Sorry mate i just dont think a key board and a mouse is an advantage at all....
NathanielxWv4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #22
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

No comment

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanielxWv4 View Post
Sorry mate i just dont think a key board and a mouse is an advantage at all....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
rofl I always love it when threads prove articles like this one absolutely right
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Haha I'm completely serious - you have extremely stereotypical quotes like...

"Console gamers dont have the attemtion span we do, soon as ther next Gaylo, sorry Halo, game comes out they all jump ship and foprget about the other games they enjoyed."

And...

"Steamworks on PS3, that day could be close, but the console players will winge like mad when they suddenly find themselfs getting raped online by the PC players."

It just makes me chuckle when there's some kind of imaginary war going on, is all.

But yes, a mouse-and-keyboard is an enormous advantage to a controller, and that's coming from somebody who physically cannot game on his PC (I need to dip my laptop into liquid nitrogen just to run notepad). It's why for Shadowrun a handicap was given to all players to make it fairer - instead of a crosshair you were given a circle as an aim assist, and bullets hit anywhere within that circle (meaning mouse users lost a lot of their accuracy advantage).
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #25
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Haha I'm completely serious - you have extremely stereotypical quotes like...

"Console gamers dont have the attemtion span we do, soon as ther next Gaylo, sorry Halo, game comes out they all jump ship and foprget about the other games they enjoyed."

And...

"Steamworks on PS3, that day could be close, but the console players will winge like mad when they suddenly find themselfs getting raped online by the PC players."

It just makes me chuckle when there's some kind of imaginary war going on, is all.

But yes, a mouse-and-keyboard is an enormous advantage to a controller, and that's coming from somebody who physically cannot game on his PC (I need to dip my laptop into liquid nitrogen just to run notepad). It's why for Shadowrun a handicap was given to all players to make it fairer - instead of a crosshair you were given a circle as an aim assist, and bullets hit anywhere within that circle (meaning mouse users lost a lot of their accuracy advantage).
Bolded is pretty accurate tbh, games released more than a year or so ago are pretty much ignored by the vast majority of online console gamers. You just have to look at some games which have achievements/trophies based on online play and some of them you have literally no chance of gaining due to a lack of players. I wouldn't say it's down to a lack of attention span more likely they see the next "big" (inverted commas as some of them are arguably ****) thing coming and have to make a choice, do I stick with what is already out and eventually be unable to play anymore when players dry out and put myself at a disadvantage in the next "big" thing or do I buy it and play that like it's the second coming.

PC gamers don't tend to have this problem as there is always those with computers that aren't capable of playing the next big game, also typically a lot of PC gamers will have been playing PC games for years (close to a decade if not more) so will not care if they are playing a game which isn't cutting edge graphically. Personally some of the best games I have played have been "poor" graphically.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2011, 12:02 AM   #26
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcessNeo View Post
PC gamers don't tend to have this problem as there is always those with computers that aren't capable of playing the next big game
That's an extremely good point, I'd never looked at it like that. I suppose that's the thing many console gamers have against PC gaming, on the flipside - it's expensive to keep equipment up-to-date.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote