GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - All Formats > Misc Games Chat

Old 13-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold
E3 - 2013 Blog: Sony vs. Microsoft (One Man's Opinion)

E3 - 2013 Blog: Sony vs. Microsoft (One Man's Opinion)

Visit here to read more

This year's E3 was a biggie, with both Sony and Microsoft announcing details of their next generation consoles in their pre-show press conferences. The Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 went head-to-head in the battle of the next generation. Which one emerged victorious is a matter of opinion and, for those who care, this is mine.

......Read More

Old 14-06-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
JoeP

Roller Mine

JoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura aboutJoeP has a spectacular aura about
Re: E3 - 2013 Blog: Sony vs. Microsoft (One Man's Opinion)

This has hit the nail on the head for me. I'm more conflicted on which console I should get first than I was before E3.

If MicroSoft lifted their rediculous restrictions then it would be a sure fire choice for me. But as it stands, I don't like the ethical implications.
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Ewok

Human Grunt

Ewok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to beholdEwok is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Joe. In an ideal world where there were no restrictions and the price was the same, I would be with Xbox all the way on the strength of the game lineup. As it stands though...

I've seen a few people comment on something I hadn't considered - what's going to happen 10+ years down the line when the Xbox One is no longer supported online? As someone who likes to keep hold of my old consoles and games, will I end up with a large paperweight that can't play games anymore?
Old 14-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play and valid points, for me there is only 1 game that is Xbox exclusive (rest are PC as well WIN!) that I want and thats Forza.

The big issues for me though are not issues that I can think "Yea there shit and all but you know the few games I want make it worth it", Buy the console and MS will take that as you going "yea ok im good with this, bring more restrictions in the future plox".

If you dont like what they are doing then dont buy it, vote with your wallet

That said, I will end up getting drunk and ordering one at some point...

PS4 for me excels being a console, its 50% faster than the Xbox One and just works as a console should, for that Sony will get my goldz, its a console, not a yank TV machine, not a media streamer, not a skype box, its a games machine, the other shit MS are trying to put into there box can be done better on devices designed for it.

/rant

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

PS4 - Buy it, and then do what you want in terms of games and accessories.

Xbox One - Buy it, get this stupid Kinect crap too, keep the Kinect plugged in at all times, also always be connected to the internet because Reasons, and also we will occasionally come round and spank you if we see you bought any second-hand games.

Honestly the Kinect is more of a dealbreaker than the always-online thing. I can't emphasize enough how much I think the Kinect is a crock of s**t, and I guarantee third-party developers will eventually just refuse to make games for it.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

CAN WE JUST PLAY GAMES PLOX!

This is coming from a PC Fanboi as well!

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
its a console, not a yank TV machine, not a media streamer, not a skype box, its a games machine
I couldn't agree more... This is EXACTLY why i cancelled my gold sub Ive had since like the week rainbow six came out for the xbox 1.

If i didnt have to put up with all the SHIT on the new dash, i would still have a sub.

I even dont mind the xbox always online thing, how ever being force to have that kinect crap on just does it for me..
I've refused biometrics to my employers.. im certainly going to refuse them to a little box i don't know who gathering data though.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote