GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Cars & Bikes

Cars & Bikes Talk about things with wheels or things that go vroom!

Old 27-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
rastamanblues

Barnacle

rastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nice
Third Time Lucky!

I dont think I ever posted any details of the replacement to my old 200sx! I picked this up last year as realistically my old one was beyond saving...

So me being glutten for punishment decided I need another, so this is now my third! But its a little different.....
Oh yes Toyota engines FTW!

(Appologies copied + pasted from elsewhere, I'm not typing that all out again!)

Well seeing as this is now my third S-body! (S14, S14a, and another S14a!) I thought I should actually get off my arse and actually put up a thread!

Also yes I know 3 s-bodies, glutten for punishment anyone?!

Currently I havent got any proper shots of the car, I didnt manage to get any yest either

So here is how it looked when it was still in Japan.

Rough spec list (I say rough as there is still alot of unkowns at this point!)

1998 S14a - Kuro Black.
2500cc 1JZGTE engine.
Upgraded Turbo (looks to be some sort of hybrid job).
ABC Exclusive Wheels Front 9x18, rear 10x18. (offsets unknown)
Nismo 2 way LSD.
Nismo Coilovers.
Nissan Skyline R33 GTR Front + Rear Brake Setup (Brembo's).
Greddy Front Mount Intercooler.
Stainless Steel Exhaust.
Upgraded ECU (unknown as to what, it seems to have been either flashed or chipped).
Nismo titanium gear knob.
Greddy A Pillar Pod 2x 60mm Gauges (HKS Jobbies).
Bride Seat + Subframe.
Uras Front Bumper.
Uras Side Skirts.
Uras FRP Front Fenders (25mm I think?).
Uras Rear Bumper.
50mm Rear Overfenders.
Uras FRP Bonnet.
Momo Steering Wheel.
HID's.

If any of you saw it yest @ Japfest, it was wearing a pair of LMGT4's because unknown to me until the drive back, one of the front ABC's was buckled to fcuk, and wasnt even holding pressure. So as a temp measure the LM's were chucked on so I can use it. They nowhere near fill the arches though But its only temporary.

Plans, are get the stance of it sorted, awesome wheels (not sure what yet, but meh) give it a bit of a tidy up, and actually drive it, and enjoy it :nod:

I know its not to everyones taste, and I'm still not completly sold on the kit, and wheels on it, but I'm of the opinion that I can change those fairly easily, everything else is all there.

Last edited by rastamanblues; 27-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Old 27-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
rastamanblues

Barnacle

rastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nicerastamanblues is just really nice
Re: Third Time Lucky!

2 months into ownership and.......

Well, slight spanner in the works, on the way up to JTS yesturday morning, about 10 mins down the road, JUST as I had joined the A34.

*Insert noise here* Yep, boost hose popping off sound.

F&$*. Pull over, couldnt see anything untoward, definatly no hose's off. Limped it up to Silverstone, where I could properlly have a look. Turns out I must have scraped something at some point in the last few weeks, as both hoses that come off the intercooler had damage on the underside (the bit facing the road) one was scuffed but looked in just about good nick at worst it could be bodged. T'other had a fairly large hole in :wack:

I didnt manage to get any pics of the damage to them. I took them off, and figured that JTS like every other show under the sun, would have quite a few different stalls, with at least 1 selling hosing that I could use, or at the very least bodge.
How wrong was I!
Nope only 1 stall sold anything that resembled hosing, and even then it was about as thick as the garden hose :wack:
So given they were already off, I thought meh might as well atleast attempt to bodge them so I can get back slightly quicker than the journey up. (64mph isnt fun).
Superglue, LOTS of tape, and cable ties, and they were put back on.

Check it out Bodging ftw. (well I say that, but it seems it made feck all difference, so I'm now trying to hunt down replacement hosing, any ideas?)

Also thanks to Lisa for assisting in pipe removal. (I swear whenever these nonexistant pics of my car do surface, its always everyone else poking around or doing the hard graft )

Pit *****es ftw
Old 27-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
rastamanblues

Barnacle

After getting the hosing sorted out, then having a long 6 month (no joke) arguement with the DVLA in which time I had to take it off the road as they were arguing over chasis numbers so wouldnt issue me a V5, meaning I couldnt tax it! It finally made it back on the road a few months ago.

So I had a few bits and pieces lying around.

New front anchors.

Had a tidy up of the interior, and the engine bay.

Finally the reason why getting a fresh import is the BEST idea in the world.

So clean! (You know what Datsuns are like Rash!)

Plan now?
Still lots of bits and pieces to tidy/sort.

Get rid of the hovercraft kit ASAP.
Fit the roll cage currently taking up space in my garage.
Sort of the wheels once and for all.
Sort out matching buckets + harnesses, the drivers seat is fine, passenger not so much!
Actually sort out some form of in car audio.

Fit this lot!

Get it mapped, then start enjoying it
Old 28-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Nice mate , not my cup of tea but definitely a nice ride you have there

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017