GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 20-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Main site search function

I know how busy everyone is but something which has been bugging me a lot as a main site poster which I just have to get off my chest: there are two things which seem (to me) to make the search function on the MAIN site seem unreliable...

I tried searching for Football Manager last week and my Football Manager 2009 review didn't show, yet Football Manager 2008 one did. Today both are finally showing, but the search results are in no order. Surely it would be better to have the most recent at the top to avoid getting older and less relevant stuff?

Just try search "Call of Duty" on the main site and see what I mean. Surely you would want Giraffes Call of Duty 5 review as the first on the search results, and not Nvidia graphics drivers.

I know nothing about how search engines work, but this one makes manual searching just as quick

runs away and hides
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Main site search function

Strange, I'd have thought that the results would have shown in date order, and picking up all results. I've not really used the search on the site, so can't vouch for it's usability.
CHEAP LAN#94 TICKETS? HERE'S HOW...

djdawsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote