GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself First time on our forums, introduce yourself & tell us a bit about you.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
Retz

Scanner

Retz is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi guys, help please

Hi guys,

As you can most likely tell i am new to this forum

I am 16 years old and live in scotland and my hobbies are gaming and sports. The games i play are lotr bfme2, CSS, and football manager all on PC(i dnt play consoles at all anymore)Ive been gaming for over 2 years now so since i was 14 or something i think. I am currently at college doing a sports performance course and eventually hoping to become a football coach

Now i signed up for this forum because i was wandering if you guys could help me.......

I'm currently on the look for a laptop(price range anywhere up to 800)that would allow me to play my games counterstrike source, lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 and football manager. I was wandering if you could sort of push me in the direction of a laptop brand or else tell me the least specs i would need to run these three games.(i dnt know that much about pc's/laptops as u may have guessed so far)

Thanks a lot for reading and a special thanks to people that help
Retz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi guys, help please

Welcome to the forums.

I ain't really a laptop expert but its worth taking a look at the xps range from dell.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/pr...=uk&l=en&s=bsd
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
NiKiTa

Fast Zombie

NiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enough

welcome
NiKiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to GameOn forums

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
boffey

Poisonous Headcrab

boffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enoughboffey will become famous soon enough

hi and welcome
boffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
XPurple-PoisonX

Human Grunt
Forum Volunteer

XPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really nice

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

Hi chap and welcome to the forums.
For that sort of money you could pick yourself up a Dell XPS M1530 and still have some change to buy some decent games (I'm only kidding). They come with 8600M GT graphics, so will play everything you listed there easily. The M1530 with the 8600 can be picked up from them direct from about 600 RRP inc. VAT, but your best bet with Dell is to either call them up and haggle over the price a bit, look in the dell outlet (http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet), or keep an eye out for voucher codes. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick one up for around 500.
Hope this helps

Only other advice is do not buy anything made by Acer, despite how cheaply priced it may be!
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
Retz

Scanner

Thanks a lot for the replies and help guys, its really helped me a lot, i really appreciate you taking the time to reply
Old 14-09-2008, 02:12 AM   #9
Retz

Scanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33 View Post
Hi chap and welcome to the forums.
For that sort of money you could pick yourself up a Dell XPS M1530 and still have some change to buy some decent games (I'm only kidding). They come with 8600M GT graphics, so will play everything you listed there easily. The M1530 with the 8600 can be picked up from them direct from about 600 RRP inc. VAT, but your best bet with Dell is to either call them up and haggle over the price a bit, look in the dell outlet, or keep an eye out for voucher codes. I'd be surprised if you couldn't pick one up for around 500.
Hope this helps

Only other advice is do not buy anything made by Acer, despite how cheaply priced it may be!
Hi mate, just like to thank you for taking the time to reply and would it be possible that if u have msn messenger could u PM me ur addy so i can add you and tolk to u about desktops and laptops on that as it is faster and easier because u seem very helpful and i would really appreciate it lol, thanks again