GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 19-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Trepkkos

Manhack

Trepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to all
Rasterbater posters / images

While looking for cheap posters and the like i found this little great process for making quite funku , very cheap and personal posters.

I've just put up this little beauty, comprising of 36 pages of b/w a4 and a bit of blue tac:

the pic is quite terrible as it's been taken on my c550 (1.3 meg) phonecam

The original picture (quite a nice little 1600x1200 imagine):

Using pretty much any decent image you can convert using this site.

Also its quite handy if you can pop into work and "borrow" one of their laser printers, its allways better when it isnt your ink .

Oh and i know this thing has been around for ages , its just that ive only just been arsed to get around to using it myself, so enjoy for those who havent seen it before.

Last edited by Trepkkos; 19-10-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Trepkkos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
Milky

Antlion

Milky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud ofMilky has much to be proud of

Saaaaaad little gamer :P

WE GOT TEH 1!!!!!!!! VAAAUUUNNNTTTT!!!!!!
Milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Trepkkos

Manhack

Trepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to allTrepkkos is a name known to all
, Is the hl2 just sized up or have you used that rasterbater as it were. Never seen any poster like this irl before so it thought it'd be better than just some standard poster, I'm quite chuffed with it.
Old 19-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #4
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold
i've used it before, got a large pdf waiting to be printed actually. Only problem is it needs a viewing distance of about 15ft
Old 19-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
Trepkkos

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
i've used it before, got a large pdf waiting to be printed actually. Only problem is it needs a viewing distance of about 15ft
You are right in saying it does look better viewed from a distance but hell it does look quite funky from a few feet.
Old 19-10-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
kingpoubar

Manhack

kingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the rough
Ive been rasterbating
(p.s my camera phone sucks)
My poster:

Original Image:

Incase your wondering her name is Rukia and she's a character from Bleach.
kingpoubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Trepkkos

Manhack

Looking good their dude. I've got another bit of wall going spare here and i was thinking of doing another one but not too sure if it would suit it and the like. Maybe if i could do it in full technicolour... maybe, we'll see.

Old 19-10-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Wow...that's great!
Must get some life-sized Kylie up in the comms-room tomorrow (gotta love having *bucketloads* of wallspace that no-one but nerds will ever see
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
trim the edges!!!!
Old 20-10-2005, 02:55 AM   #10
Trepkkos

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster
trim the edges!!!!
I'll pass that one off with " find me some scissors , in this place".
Old 20-10-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Different lol, might have to give this a go one day

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #12
DeepSpirit

Manhack

DeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the roughDeepSpirit is a jewel in the rough
that is a wicked idea particularly for decorating the kids rooms but then rob will kill me after just spending £100 on wallpaper and paint
DeepSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #13
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
I thought you were going out?
Old 20-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #14
Rolo

Zombie

Rolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enough
trep your room is far too big for halls. double bed? where you actually staying in shef too?

im gonna get one up i think ive got loads of un-used wallspace here, need to tidy up first tho :-/
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #15
Mr_Meeker

Bullsquid

Mr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of light
You bunch of dirty rasterbaters, might have to waste some college ink doing that sometime soon
Old 20-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #16
Trepkkos

Manhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo
trep your room is far too big for halls. double bed? where you actually staying in shef too?
Its bloody tiny meight, and thats a single bed covering pretty much half of the side of the room, the desk is soo small for my 19" monitor that it can barely hold a keyboard and matt.

Im staying pretty much in the centre of sheff about 15/10 min walk to the main city campus. Have to say its great you should come visit some time.
Old 20-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #17
Rolo

Zombie

Rolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enoughRolo will become famous soon enough
i might do, one of my friends from home keeps telling me to visit too so it'd stop her nagging too!

pics of room coming when raterbating is complete, and ive tidied up. fortunately my room is about two and a half time the size of my room last year
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #18
Mr_Meeker

Bullsquid

Mr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of lightMr_Meeker is a glorious beacon of light
Damn students rasterbating in their rooms, whats the world coming to? :{
Old 20-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold
large amounts of ink usage, supplies are running low
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #20
kingpoubar

Manhack

kingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the roughkingpoubar is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Meeker
Damn students rasterbating in their rooms, whats the world coming to? :{
Thats what being a student is all about though, getting wasted and "rasterbating"

*adds* Im thinking of doing this one next, ive shrunk the original picture (which was 1584x1155) but im thinking of covering a whole wall with it. Its gonna be about 50-100 pages depending just gotta measure my wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bleachgirlssmall.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	10920  

Last edited by kingpoubar; 20-10-2005 at 09:31 PM.
kingpoubar is offline   Reply With Quote