GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 13-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of
Giant Sonic thing

Is there a way of deactivating the mouse-over at the top right hand side of the screen?

Also the text should scroll faster to say Click Here
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Giant Sonic thing

I Like it...

Will force people to read it..

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Oh yeah and that's cool, but I have read it and would like a way to turn it off
Old 13-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

i rolled over it by accident and nearly cacked myself!

Its good though, makes it pretty blatently obvious that the mags there. Should get more hits now.
Old 13-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to get stick for this but ill say it anyhow, why the need for the 3 links to the mag down the left side and also the rollover?, how about just one link then the other space is free for something else?, Sponser link / adverts, lan advertising ect?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Is there a way of deactivating the mouse-over at the top right hand side of the screen?

Also the text should scroll faster to say Click Here
There is no feature to turning it off, kinda beats the point of adverting
and to be fair, once you have rolled down with you mouse once or twice (depending on screen res) its gone.....

The scrolling has already been looked at (its far too slow)
but its not html controlling it, we hope to have that fixed in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Oh yeah and that's cool, but I have read it and would like a way to turn it off
Would defeat the whole point of adverting, as it will change from week to week and then no one would see new adverts etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
i rolled over it by accident and nearly cacked myself!
I so wish i could of seen that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfromabove View Post
Its good though, makes it pretty blatently obvious that the mags there. Should get more hits now.
Already our stats are showing massive increase in views on the magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Im going to get stick for this but ill say it anyhow, why the need for the 3 links to the mag down the left side and also the rollover?,
The rollover wont always been the magazine
we just put that in there due to some peculiar competition that's come up this week, just giving our mag maximum exposure, other adverts will be there

Quote:
how about just one link then the other space is free for something else?, Sponser link / adverts, lan advertising ect?
The reason there is three links, is because there is three versions of the mag
again, links will change when we have the need for other adverts to go on the menu. It can/will be changed, but there wasn't anything anything else to go in there at this moment in time.
Once other things need to go in to the menu, how many images are there etc ill be changed

[In General]
For the last 4/5 years we have struggled with getting coders
The only way this is going to happen is to start paying them the real rate of pay and that money isn't going to just appear out of no where.

There is so many feature on the site which we have been waiting over 4 years for now, but no one to code them, on top of that no one to fix small issues or bugs, with out these coders coming in, there is no future for the web site or GO in general.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

'Sall good, I'm not hitting it as much by accident today... it takes up a LOT of my screen and using a laptop touchpad it's a bother going down then back up to click the scroll bar

No biggy though.
Old 14-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasher
I so wish i could of seen that
Heart attacks arnt funny! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasher
Already our stats are showing massive increase in views on the magazine
good to see its doing the job then
Old 14-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily on a Mac you can't actaully see it ;D
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Luckily on a Mac you can't actaully see it ;D

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 14-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Have had an issue a couple of times where the rollover appears to take focus without actually activating the rollover effect - i.e. none of the links at the top right of the page (New Posts, Quick Links etc) work until you activate the rollover.

Vista 64 SP1 & Fx 3.0.6
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
Platinum
raggggggggge

Works fine for me on Vista SP1 x64 with Firefox, get noting on OSX with Firefox though.

Old 14-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Works fine for me on Vista SP1 x64 with Firefox, get noting on OSX with Firefox though.
99% of the time it works fine, just happens on the odd occasion.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Have had an issue a couple of times where the rollover appears to take focus without actually activating the rollover effect - i.e. none of the links at the top right of the page (New Posts, Quick Links etc) work until you activate the rollover.

Vista 64 SP1 & Fx 3.0.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
99% of the time it works fine, just happens on the odd occasion.
I would like to look in to this much further with you
links not working till you activate the rollover is not exceptable

Can you grab me some extra details

1st . what version of flash are you using
2nd . which browsers is this doing it with (versions)
3rd . have you tired another browser on that PC and is it doing it in that

Not come across this before, but it may be a flash issue
either way, that issue does need looking at urgently

Follow me on Twitter
Old 14-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #15
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

I have had that too.

I use Firefox and I have flash version.... I don't know which. Fairly sure it's the newest.

(Someone tellme how to check and I will)
Old 14-02-2009, 08:35 PM   #16
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Using firefox, open a new tab and enter
Code:
about:plugins
Your flash version will be in there somewhere, possibly under the title "Shockwave Flash"

For example, mine shows as:

Shockwave Flash

File name: NPSWF32.dll
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12

So my flash is v10.0 r12

Last edited by djdawsonuk; 14-02-2009 at 08:38 PM.
djdawsonuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

ditto ive been having this issue as well

FF 3.0.6
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
Old 14-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #18
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
ditto ive been having this issue as well

FF 3.0.6
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
Cheers, massive help
keep them coming if others are having the same problems

Many thanks

Follow me on Twitter
Old 14-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #19
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Shockwave Flash 9.0 r124
Old 15-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #20
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

I likes the new Sonic thing, its unique, eye catching and different But bloody heck that scrolling text made me loose interest after I had to wait one minute for "Cli" to appear