GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 26-01-2000, 06:32 PM   #1
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
Post I wanna start playing online

okay here's the beef.

My PC is pretty much stand-alone-ish.
I've never had a modem and never played online b4.

but i'm home at my parents house with my PC and i'm just going to borrow my dads 56k external modem for the next few days so I can truley experience proper lag.

So I get the modem plugged in copy all the network connection stuff of my dads PC to mine and then do what.
What is it that I need to do or get to play CS online.
ie new software, assorted login names and numbers etc.

And hurry back with a reply people I've only got until monday, then it's back to being on my own in huddersfield. (whine, wimper)
I want to feel Vert's sniping prowess or as I called it the Winabago technique. Camping on the move.
aaaahhh how I remember the good old days of CS ver 1 to 2. With that lovely map that was a warehouse, the CT started outside with a big red crate next to them. It had some darkened walkways up on the roof of the warehouse and vertigo stuck to them like a bat with a lovely artic sniper rifle.
Ever since 3 though this map has dropped out of existence as has mansion.....shame.

Boff
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2000, 07:39 PM   #2
Coli_Wan

Zombie

Coli_Wan is an unknown quantity at this point
Boff, I cant believe you are so naive...which begs the question, if you can get online to post, why cant you get online to play games??

Anyway, I use GameSpy, it'll search out the servers and you can add your own (namely GameOn servers)

Alternatively you can start up CS manually, goto multiplayer, pretty much like a lan game, select internet server (i think) then specify server, type the ip of the server you wish to connect to and voila instant Ownage

[This message has been edited by Coli_Wan (edited 26 January 2000).]
Coli_Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2000, 12:46 PM   #3
Bobster

Tentacle

Bobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond reputeBobster has a reputation beyond repute
i'm guessing that when he posts on here he uses his dads machine

basically - u need to attatch the modem to the com port (for external) or into a PCI slot (internal) and install the drivers

then u need to setup a dialup service - then

dial in - startup CS and type in the address for a server -

i'll b online on fri night - play cs on one of the GO servers..

c u there
Bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2000, 12:37 AM   #4
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Frickin 'ell

Stole my dads modem.
I only have two ways to access the net.
1) Uni
2) abuse my dads PC when I'm at home
Like now.
But I have my PC with me.
I need to do some work U C.
Stole his modem. IE wants a frickin password to view web sites. I messed around with it before hand, but I know my password as I only use a few but it has ignored them and declared them as wrong. Weird.

Anyway, just did a rough connection thru the WON bit of halflife, joined 2 CS maps.
Lag was a bitch, up to 500. I thinks it was me who caused it as everyone started to leave when I joined in.
No one likes me.

PS I was slaughtering them.
It was only one on one, or two against me.

One guy was on assualt all on his tod amassing shite loads of cash. Up I pop. Wipe him out with a pistol. Nick his gun and then proceeded kill him 3 more times before he left me on a server all on my own.

Right I'm off to get gamespy, I'll store in the gameon details if you have to do that kind of thing, and I'll C some of U sometime this weekend. Then it's back to hudds awaiting the next lan.

Boff
:0)

Boff
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2000, 10:41 AM   #5
TSS

Fast Zombie

TSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enoughTSS will become famous soon enough
You need to dial straight into the server if you want any decent pings!

TSS (The smart one of the household)
TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2000, 11:31 AM   #6
Metal Ed

Vortigaunt

Metal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the roughMetal Ed is a jewel in the rough
Smile

You may get decent pings on the GO servers, I don't know cos have never managed to get into them.

I use wireplay and the servers are usually pretty damn fast.

Try it, it's free now. Classy servers with quite a few people

L8r
Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote