GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 26-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #21
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Rise, Fall and Rise (?) of Deus Ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si^ View Post
Feck that am installing from cd now! go go go
Whooooooooooooya! Bloody complicated trying to install this from cd though, keeps wanting to download! Fingers crossed the reinstall button does what it is supposed to do.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #22
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by POBmaestro View Post
Whooooooooooooya! Bloody complicated trying to install this from cd though, keeps wanting to download! Fingers crossed the reinstall button does what it is supposed to do.
Mine seems to be going nicely. what edition did you go for pob?
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #23
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Mine seems to be going nicely. what edition did you go for pob?
Yeah seems to be 100% now, just validating

I got the limited edition one from Game, so somewhere inbetween normal and augmented I guess. What you get?
Old 26-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #24
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah seems to be 100% now, just validating

I got the limited edition one from Game, so somewhere inbetween normal and augmented I guess. What you get?
I went all out and got collectors edition. Looks awesome and the figure is pretty sweet. Saved a bit of cash using shopto as they sold it for 77 quid rather that 100 like normal. Still get all the free stuff from augmented edition as well
Old 26-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #25
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
I went all out and got collectors edition. Looks awesome and the figure is pretty sweet. Saved a bit of cash using shopto as they sold it for 77 quid rather that 100 like normal. Still get all the free stuff from augmented edition as well
Fair do

I just want to play the game, which is never bloody easy on Steam. It's decided to crash on validating and go from 100% to 1% and start downloading again :/ I'll keep trying though, you having any luck?

edit: deleted local content and started a new installation. This time it appears to be installing from disk properly. Just 20mins to go now..

Last edited by POBmaestro; 26-08-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 26-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #26
Si^

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Fair do

I just want to play the game, which is never bloody easy on Steam. It's decided to crash on validating and go from 100% to 1% and start downloading again :/ I'll keep trying though, you having any luck?
1 minute left for install are you using the autoplay on the disc or trying to do it via steam?
Old 26-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #27
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
1 minute left for install are you using the autoplay on the disc or trying to do it via steam?
I've done it all from the autoplay, but I think it's playing nice now I deleted the bodge it made on Steam and started again
Old 26-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #28
Si^

Vortigaunt

Quote:
I've done it all from the autoplay, but I think it's playing nice now I deleted the bodge it made on Steam and started again
Coolio there is a day zero patch to help with some of the problems that the americans have been having so make sure you get that before you start should smooth out some issues
Old 26-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #29
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Quote:
Coolio there is a day zero patch to help with some of the problems that the americans have been having so make sure you get that before you start should smooth out some issues
Doing it now

I'm going to get it all setup and ready to play then call it a night/morning in case I can't pull myself away. Have fun mate!
Old 26-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #30
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

*****. BUT, my Edinburgh trip tomorrow is cancelled through lack of funds. So, as soon as I can go pick it up I can hamer it all day! Tomorrow is a good day!

And by tomorrow I mean today. I just realised what time it is.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Si^

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Doing it now

I'm going to get it all setup and ready to play then call it a night/morning in case I can't pull myself away. Have fun mate!
Hey Pob, I got to the menu screen and realised the time and though "**** I've got work tomorrow so called it before i started otherwise I would of probably would still be playing it now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
*****. BUT, my Edinburgh trip tomorrow is cancelled through lack of funds. So, as soon as I can go pick it up I can hamer it all day! Tomorrow is a good day!

And by tomorrow I mean today. I just realised what time it is.
Have Fun Chap! You doing a play through on this one?
Old 26-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #32
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna be going to get it soon. Basically, go to shop, pick up game, go into Tesco, get some noms, come home, play game 'til sleep.

Might record it as I go, or I might playthrough it once to get a feel for it and know I won't be stuck in any one area for too long, then record a second playthrough.
Old 26-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #33
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I wont be able to play properly now until Sunday

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #34
Dead Alive

Antlion

Installing.
Old 26-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #35
Dead Alive

Antlion

5 hours, one mission complete, exploring like a mo-fro and throwing cardboard boxes at everyone. <3
Old 27-08-2011, 02:00 AM   #36
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
5 hours, one mission complete, exploring like a mo-fro and throwing cardboard boxes at everyone. <3
All of the above with added win.
Old 27-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #37
Dead Alive

Antlion

The guards, they're smarts.

Old 28-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #38
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha, love that video Kev. Hillarious!
Old 28-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #39
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Have to admit I am loving this so far (about 4 hours in). Yes the guards are funny for the wrong reasons, but for the first time since MGS the stealth aspect is actually very satisfying. Ignoring the 6 or so objectives and still finding other stuff to do is always brilliant. No I do not care to elaborate (that's quite a subtle hint, if you know what I mean )

Also, back to the original point of your thread, overall to me it's feeling like a Deus Ex and the combat, which I was rather worried about, is proving stronger on the PC. Now, if you would excuse me, I have a conspiracy to unravel
Old 28-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #40
Dead Alive

Antlion

^ Just as I was reading that, "POBmaestro has started playing Deus Ex"

Now I'm going to do the same. Damn bad guys aren't gonna sneak past themselves!