GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
Emseypenguin
FUZZBUTT MCSNOWBALLS

Emseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to all
World of Warcraft: Microtransactions?

World of Warcraft: Microtransactions?

Visit here to read more

......Read More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domdange
Don't give what you can't take.
Emseypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World of Warcraft: Microtransactions?

To me, this looks like a F2P move. However, you say that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseypemsey Wiggly Woo
Secondly it seems ridiculous that a subscription-based game would then introduce further payments within itself.
Expansion packs? I know they add a lot but they make users pay an extra 30+ on top of their monthly/quarterly/yearly subscription. I would not put it past them to bring in game boosters.

I went back a little while ago to WoW. It was quite a big mistake. When I originally played, it took 10 full days play time to get to level 60. I got from 1 to 90 in 2 and a half days. Shortly after that, I stopped playing.

EDIT://
Straight from the Community Manager's fingers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarhym
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
Soruce

Last edited by Kaostic; 04-07-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Emseypenguin
FUZZBUTT MCSNOWBALLS

Emseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to allEmseypenguin is a name known to all

Lol i was about to post that quote
Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Emseypenguin
FUZZBUTT MCSNOWBALLS

Expansion Packs do add a hell of a lot too. And 1-90 in 2 and a half days? That's insane. When I played in vanilla it took me nearly a year to get to 60.
Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseypenguin View Post
Expansion Packs do add a hell of a lot too. And 1-90 in 2 and a half days? That's insane. When I played in vanilla it took me nearly a year to get to 60.
I never got to level 60 but it took 10 full days play time. I did 1 - 90 in about a month but with 2 and a half days play time.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Emseypenguin
FUZZBUTT MCSNOWBALLS

ahhh okay that is less scary.
Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Could just be an Asia thing. They have every reason to want to level as fast as physically possible, to my understanding.

If it's for everywhere else, not a fan. If people want XP faster there's several ways of doing it already - heirlooms, that XP potion I forget the name of, RAF, free 80's with scrolls if they want to pay.

I've seen a lot of people say there's no cause to worry as it's only an XP potion and not a direct advantage. I'd say they're morons if they think a cash shop will launch with just one item.

See how it goes and what happens but fuck, I've only recently stopped every other MMO I liked, including SWTOR, because of cash shops.

As for time taken, I've been on and off since just before I moved, so a month give or take, and I've only just hit 67 the other day. I literally can't download anything else to play so WoW is it. Saying that, I'm technically still a nub so I'm taking my time where I can.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

They already have microtransactions in WoW as it is - but not in-game

You can purchase in game pets and mounts with real world money. Also, there's very, very little chance they'll drop it F2P when they have about ~10mill (not sure what they're at right now) paying subscribers still. Business wise it would make no sense at all.

If everyone of those ten million players were UK based, paying 8.99 p/m - that's 89,900,000 p/m that they'd no longer see.

Though, I'd love to see the shareholders meeting when that's announced
Old 04-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, but there's a difference between strictly vanity items over boosted experience, especially when its freely available in-game already. If someone buys a sparkle pony from the shop they're not going to be flying any faster than any other level 90. If they buy an XP boost and I've not, they're leveling faster than me because they paid cash and I didn't.

I read elsewhere they're testing an in-game purchase system for regions that can't access the Blizz store, for the vanity items/transfers and whatnot. That makes me happy if it's true. It also explains the odd notion of buying an XP booster you can get for free in-game as a cash item as a test.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

i dont care if its not on my server!

fricken HATE in game stores in RPG games.
They brake the "RPG" experiance for me.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote