GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 22-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of
Working hard in life and the way the govement thinks

Just been looking at the goverment budget and how they are attacking well paid people and helping the lower paid people in the country.

I have quite a large problem with this.

The reason being is that i went to college (could not afford to go uni) and have worked really hard in life to get where i am today and i still work hard to better myself.

The problem is that the goverment wants to cut my wages (tax) and give to people that havent worked hard in life e.g. people with crap jobs and don't give a crap. I do not find this fair at all and i can't see how the goverment thinks people like me take this for much longer. (i've started to save to move out of the UK)

Why should people that don't care get paid well and the people that work hard get paid less? A benafit of doing well in life is to earn more money than people that havent worked hard. It seems the goverment wants everyone in the UK to be on the same wage. Which is not fair as i work allot harder than most people i know (weekends, late nights, so on...).
Old 22-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working hard in life and the way the govement thinks

There's a difference between those that don't care and those that care and it's called job seekers allowance.

Personally (speaking from the lower end of the income spectrum) I more than welcome anything that means I don't pay taxes as if I had to pay taxes I couldn't afford to live (as it is I'm subsidised already).

No the government doesn't want everyone on the same wage, they want lower income people able to afford more than just their rent and bills, who knows maybe even start saving for a deposit on a house.

Tbh with the state of the economy, it's facetious to assume that the government weren't going to air strike the middle class and above with tax raises and benefit decreases. With things like raises in VAT that could potentially offset the increased money in low income households there may not be much difference for them in the first place.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcessNeo View Post
There's a difference between those that don't care and those that care and it's called job seekers allowance.
This.

I'm currently out of work, not at uni anymore therefore get no student loan and I've been skint beyond belief for well over two months now. Luckily I'm at my mum's and she's doing a stand-up job of helping me whenever she can, but no matter how many jobs I've applied to (the nature of which might lead you to believe I don't care about work), I've got nowhere. I'm still jobless, but I still refuse to go on jobseekers no matter how helpful it would be to me.

Unfortunately I have too much pride. I was on it before and I hated the fact they dictated what I done and when I done it. If I didn't show up for whatever reason they would chop off the monies.

I'd prefer to keep going the way I am currently (i.e. getting little amounts from someone willing to give it, then pay them back as soon as humanly possible).

But don't assume because someone is in a low-paying job, or isn't earning lots of money it's because they don't care. I've been to college, I went through the first year on uni, it didn't help me as it seems to have helped you (and yes, I have been trying before you mention working hard). It isn't always as easy as some will make out to simply walk into a job, low paying or otherwise.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

Quote:
But don't assume because someone is in a low-paying job, or isn't earning lots of money it's because they don't care.
This!
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
This!
Seconded.
Old 22-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

You also have to think the cost of living is diffrent in diffrent parts of the country which this does not take into consideration

rent in the midlands is 400 for a decent house (i rent my house out for 375 2 bed off road parking so on...)

Rent in the south is 850 for the same ish type of house (not as good)

Thats

5400 diffrance in rent over a year.

So if your earning 30,000 in the south and earning 24600 in the midlands your better off living in the midlands. The reason being is that earning 30k would put you in a higher tax band hence you pay more NI and income tax.
Old 23-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Bemused Dave

Baby Headcrab

Bemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura aboutBemused Dave has a spectacular aura about

Well it would be no use taxing the poor more would it?!

The rich are in a privileged position. With this comes the responsibility to contributing to society by suporting the less well of.

I am coming to the end of Uni now and hope to enter into a relatively well paid career. Despite this i will be happy to pay for those who are in a less fortunate position. Mainly because I have come from that sort of background and without help from the welfare state I would not be where I am today.

Of course, some money is spent on those who really cannot be bothered to get a job. But iI would rather have a system that allows lazy individuals sit around all day instead of a system so though that genuine people suffer.
Old 23-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

There is no reason for anyone to sit around!!!

i got made redundant and had 2 week before i started a new job what did i do?

I got on a mini bus and traveled from 4:30am everyday 120miles to pack fruit and flower arrange (got home at 10pm everyday)

and this is from a guy that at the time had over 5 year programming experince behind him.

the problem is people think that there above workering some jobs