GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 24-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light
Main site display problems

A few things I've noticed today: (I've cleared cache and tested on PC and Netbook on IE8. See attached images below for examples).

1. Posts on main site no longer display who posted them or date/time underneath title. This is very bad for the writers who cannot have their work recognised!

2. Images within main site posts are not resizing to fit. I'm sure at one point they did but I've just noticed that they haven't been for some while. For example http://www.gamegrin.com/game/review/...max-ps3-review posted back in May.

3. Whilst pages on the main site are loading there are unsightly black bars across the screen. This occurs on all pages with the new banners.

4. Under the review tab of the main site, there are image buttons for the five console platforms but there is nothing for the PC.

5. Main site seems to take longer to load with the new banner system. I have no test results for before and after, and admittly it only seems a problem on my netbook, but it can take over 10 seconds to load the front page each time (whereas loading google is instant).

6. Gamescom in the F1 banner is spelt wrong, and there are different capital spellings used. I.e. GamesCom and Gamescom. I think we've agreed to just use 'Gamescom' throughout.

<3 POB

Image 1: Black bars when loading page
Image 2: Image not resizing
Image 3: No author, date/time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black lines.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	22001   Click image for larger version

Name:	image not resizing.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	22002   Click image for larger version

Name:	noname.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	22003  

Last edited by POBmaestro; 24-08-2010 at 03:10 PM.
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Main site display problems

Cheers Pob.

I know about number 1, I'm looking at which way is best to get them back in at the moment. The should be returning soon.

2. Should be sorted now? With regards to my other post?

3. Easy enough to fix - I can already see what's happened.

4. I can't remember who did these, expect some sassy new icons soon :P

5. I will check out the loading speeds across a variety of setups. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-exp...ri_chrome.html

(I actually need to chat to Rasher about this one in more detail anyhow)

6. Late night, quick typing. I will hold myself* fully to blame for this one being borked

(* = Rasher)
Old 25-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Big ups to the DJ
Old 28-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed - looks like we've lost the pro's and con's from the reviews
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

Ah yeah the Beanzmiester is correct! Also I was wondered about the closeness of the last sentence in an article and the tags at the end (see image), whether or not it's worth seperating them by an extra line?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Close together.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	22007  
Old 28-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes and yes, will pop these on the todo fixes