GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 21-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Oh FFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb
Muslim scientists and clerics have called for the adoption of Mecca time to replace GMT, arguing that the Saudi city is the true centre of the Earth.

Mecca is the direction all Muslims face when they perform their daily prayers.

The call was issued at a conference held in the Gulf state of Qatar under the title: Mecca, the Centre of the Earth, Theory and Practice.

One geologist argued that unlike other longitudes, Mecca's was in perfect alignment to magnetic north.

He said the English had imposed GMT on the rest of the world by force when Britain was a big colonial power, and it was about time that changed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7359258.stm
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold
Fk that, it'll never pass

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
That's completely laughable.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEĊ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
well they do have a point with the old gmt thing, we did kind of force it upon the world

so i can only say our defence.

RULE BRITANNIA, BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES!!!

sorry don't know what got into me there
Old 21-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
JackMT

Headcrab

JackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enough
Just because we didn't fail at colonizing
Old 21-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #6
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
all i can say is Tuff **** !!
GMT its here to stay
we rulz ur Base come to that we rulz iraq too....
bloody muslims telling us what to do again i see
who cares what they think
there still a bunch of neanderthols living in a third world country
Old 21-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Harsh that Oddie tbh

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Si^

Vortigaunt

Si^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond reputeSi^ has a reputation beyond repute
We rule the timeline and to quote al murray "the germans dont sit down for lunch till we say so"
Si^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
XPurple-PoisonX

Human Grunt
Forum Volunteer

XPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really nice
What the f**k, This better not bloody happen.

Agree with what was said above (oddie) Within reason

Twats!
Old 21-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future
man, i'm tired of reading this crap.
would it be so hard for Bush to drop a few nukes on the region before he steps out of office, they really are doing my sh*t in.

all religon sucks balls btw!!!
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Agree that religion sucks but its a little harsh to pretty much have a go at a whole nation / religion, there not all gonna be bad?

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 21-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute
After all this 'time' why bring it up now?

Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to put a comment which would typically be a response by most of the indigenous population, with quite a harsh twang to it.

But then I sat and I thought about it for a minute. I then realised I was falling headfirst into this "trap" that is so often being setup by the UK's media.

Let me divulge.

This story to be blatent has no grounds for concern. Its the radical muslim community stating what it always states, that Islam is great and there is no other religion, and everything should conform to Islam. You will ALWAYS get that with the extremists. EVERY religion has them, even the more meek ones that you percieve to be peaceful.

It just so happens that given past 10 years, Islam and its followers have been catapulted into the limelight, and are often painted in negative light, given what some of their "followers" did in the name of religion. Naturally we tar them all with the same brush.

Now that the general populace has a natural disdain towards the muslim community, this produces a hype surrounding outlandish comments and remarks. The likes of which newspapers and the media LOVE because it helps to sell their content.

So what happens, your daily rag prints reports of muslim extremists wanting to change a particular way of life to coincide with their sharia beliefs.

What does that do?

Well it prompts reactions from the indigenous population, similar to what is posted here and similar to what i was going to put.

But herein lies the problem. The media WANT this reaction. They are the proverbial wooden spoon in our generally simmering pot.

So the reaction the media gets, is the one they want, OUR extremist views.

But this only benefits the Muslim cause, because whilst they are trying to establish their way of life and impose it on ours, we are being equally as negative, but due to prior incitement, take it to the next level, where it becomes vastly simpler to throw in the race/discrimination card and show that by all accounts, the British are a population of bigots and racists, simply by viewing a snapshot of comments from our more vocal members.

So Muslims are painted as a religion that wish to bestow all its fundamentals on the rest of the world and woe betide anyone standing in their way.

All those who oppose this are painted a bigoted racists.

The media on the other hand are lapping this up, because regardless of the reporters personal views, this is making papers sell like hot cakes.

Media vessels such as the BBC should stop giving credence to these blatent scaremongering articles, which despite having no substance whatsoever - face facts what is the chance of GMT being changed ever?? - still get printed as headline news.

Solution, cast these articles to the rags they are intended for, such as the Daily Sport, and do some real investigative journalism for once.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by Colio; 21-04-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Colio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 01:39 AM   #14
s0ck

Manhack

s0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura about
You know what... I skipped past Colios post cos I've got a feeling I know what he's saying from just glancing

I'm sick to death of ignorant people slating muslims and other countries... it is SO narrow minded and such a blatant display of lack of knowledge

I grew up with criminals around me, most of my friends are criminals in the eye of the law - but we all know who the biggest gangsters are... the government and the people that control the media... ie Rupert Murdoch

If you are so dumb to sit there and say "oh drop a nuke on the lot of em" or "bloody muslims telling us what to do" that just goes to show your one more person that follows the flock of sheep

This corrupt country that we live in that charges us to throw our rubbish away and park outside our ******* home - then the media poisons our mind and fuels hatred towards other cultures and beliefs simply cos theyre too pussy to point the finger at themselves when things go wrong

This piece of PR Hatred as I like to call it is a typical example of what the media can do to people - look at what its made people say?! and all they have done is incited fear with change

everyone fears change... especially when someone "different" tells them to do it...

I've lost all sense of direction with this post cos to be fair right, im 20 years old and I live in a world full of friends from all different walks of life and I respect each and every persons human right to believe in what they want and I'm sat here having to read posts from people almost twice my ages talking like children

Try learning about other peoples beliefs and maybe begin to understand them a bit better - but for **** sake stop listening to all the **** you read and see on the news! make up your own minds dont let someone else do it for you

Tell you what tho... all these idiots that slate muslims are always suprised when they find out a few radicals want them dead.. like "oh ****, did we say something wrong to piss them off?! they want us dead?! **** we'd never wish that upon them and their familys"
Last edited by any old random on 22-02-2004 at 10:04 PM
s0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 01:41 AM   #15
s0ck

Manhack

s0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura abouts0ck has a spectacular aura about
Yea so I read Colio's post he kinda explained the whole media thing with a lot more intellectual content - I got a D in English... clearly...
Last edited by any old random on 22-02-2004 at 10:04 PM
s0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #16
Oddie

Manhack

Oddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura aboutOddie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Harsh that Oddie tbh
thats not being harsh m8 thats just saying the truth
i not big on words i just say it like it is
may be blunt but thats just meh
i dont beat about the bush
Old 22-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #17
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddie View Post
That's right, you beat THE bush.
Old 22-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddie View Post
thats not being harsh m8 thats just saying the truth
i not big on words i just say it like it is
may be blunt but thats just meh
I read your post as basicly saying all Muslims are telling us what to do and are basicly arseholes which is clearly not the case, only the extremists.
Sorry if I read your post wrong

Old 22-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
Thats how I read it too, every religion has their extremists unfortunately and these people dont represent the majority, its a bit like NBK
Old 22-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #20
Snoozer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
Thats how I read it too, every religion has their extremists unfortunately and these people dont represent the majority, its a bit like NBK
or Nex