GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 30-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

Yerli was asked about the risk of going PC exclusive with a high-profile title, and replied with:

“It is certainly. We are suffering currently from the huge piracy that is encompassing Crysis. We seem to lead the charts in piracy by a large margin, a chart leading that is not desirable. I believe that’s the core problem of PC Gaming, piracy. To the degree PC Gamers that pirate games inherently destroy the platform. Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.”

Fecking freetards ruining it for everyone

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-pc-exclusives
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Nah,
I doubt that Piracy has anything like the effect on the bottom line as he is implying there.
What I think he's actually saying (and using the piracy as a cover) is that they're a business, and out there to make as much money as possible, and it's just too hard to ignore the mutli-million unit sales that A+ console titles get, compared to 1-2 million for a decent PC game...
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
Nah,
I doubt that Piracy has anything like the effect on the bottom line as he is implying there.
What I think he's actually saying (and using the piracy as a cover) is that they're a business, and out there to make as much money as possible, and it's just too hard to ignore the mutli-million unit sales that A+ console titles get, compared to 1-2 million for a decent PC game...
I have to agree Olly and also the spec for Crysis is ridiculously high so a lot of people havent 'bought' it because they know their system wont support it
Old 30-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
They should really apply to futuremark for jobs, rather than making sub-standard shooters that no-one can actually buy due to the system requirements.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
mole

Human Grunt

mole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura aboutmole has a spectacular aura about
And multiplayer is where it is at, you need to keep people addicted.

Far cry had crap mp and does crysis even have it?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
JackMT

Headcrab

JackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enoughJackMT will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
And multiplayer is where it is at, you need to keep people addicted.

Far cry had crap mp and does crysis even have it?
Crysis MP was pretty bad in my opinion. Was fun for a while, but i got bored preeetttyyy quick, so quick that i took to doing massive jumps in jeeps and blowing myself up.
Old 18-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
macking

Scanner

macking is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

I think a lot of developers will ultimately end up going the way of Epic.

Fact of the matter is it's much easier to rehash and sell the same dribble on consoles.

Unreal Tournament 3 for console gamers was a new concept while for PC gamers it was a step back from UT2K4.

You either gotta innovate and improve or die on the PC IMO.

If you innovate and do something new the world is yours.

Case in example: The Sims series which has sold over 100 million copies or World of Warcraft which is the most profitable game in human history.
macking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

At least Criterion are going the over way with Burnout coming to PC.
Old 18-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
macking

Scanner

macking is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
EA are giving all of their attention to the PC from the looks of it.

I think EA are worried about consoles they've even talked about how porting to multiple platforms is a chore and eventually it will cause the death of consoles.

EA's biggest and most expensive game probably of all time is Warhammer Online and thats a PC game.

They've also announced The Sims 3, the Sims is their biggest series ever.

And then the successor to the sims is Spore which is also headed to the PC this year.

If Warhammer Online, The Sims 3 and Spore are as successful as people are saying they may be the funny thing will be that EA will make more profit from those 3 franchises alone than all their console games combined.

I'm not a fan of EA but I think theyr starting to wake up and realise innovative games will take them to the top rather than cloning the same dribble repeatedly.

If Warhammer Online is a success it's going to be a huge boost for them.
macking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #10
Nex

Assassin

Nex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond reputeNex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozer View Post
Perhaps but I am getting a bit p1ssed of with crappy console ports to the pc.
Nex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Snoozer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
Perhaps but I am getting a bit p1ssed of with crappy console ports to the pc.
Doesn't look like it will be at the moment.