GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 AM   #21
Roger_Mellie
Banned

Roger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger_Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GameOn Launches Its own FREE online Gaming Magazine

I can't deny the effort put into it. All those putting effort in obviously have done a great deal. What gets me is, I don't know who's going to read it. Who is the target audience? Who will read it regularly? How will it expand the GO userbase and bring people to LANs?

For me, that same effort could be put into a CMS to publish articles on a proper news site with RSS feeds being put out to news portals. That gets traffic. While they're in, get them on the game servers and get gamers gaming - that's where the lanners are, not people who read a PDF.
Roger_Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #22
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Its easily distributed,it can be spammed if needed - posted in signatures, bigger companies can get wind and chose to feature in there own magazines, theres lots and alots of places this can be distrubuted. Its the internet, the trailers, fantastic start there, people who see the trailer can see the mag, see the site and so on and so on
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #23
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Mellie View Post
I can't deny the effort put into it. All those putting effort in obviously have done a great deal. What gets me is, I don't know who's going to read it. Who is the target audience? Who will read it regularly? How will it expand the GO userbase and bring people to LANs?

For me, that same effort could be put into a CMS to publish articles on a proper news site with RSS feeds being put out to news portals. That gets traffic. While they're in, get them on the game servers and get gamers gaming - that's where the lanners are, not people who read a PDF.
Think you are missing the point m8
THIS IS CONTENT FOR THE SITE
then put in to the mag (if you check the links)
we did a lot of research outside of GameOn for this
but either way, its what our staff/writers have wanted to put the time in to

and what better way to expose them self to the market for being a jurnalist plus how other companies look at us.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #24
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree on the game servers route, that would get in the hardcore clans who should bring in the money.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #25
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold

I see this as only a good thing, getting the world around about GameOn is nothing but good news.

I like and WP all involved.

(*Disclaimer: This post was in no way influenced by the mention on the 'Staff' page, but I'd like to thank my Fiancee for her support, Rasher for his cybers and my cat for the furballs!!*)

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #26
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunn (LA) View Post
(*Disclaimer: This post was in no way influenced by the mention on the 'Staff' page, but I'd like to thank my Fiancee for her support, Rasher for his cybers and my cat for the furballs!!*)
win quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #27
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

So whats next on the agenda for GO?, More gameservers with the idea of getting clans involved with GO again would be a good idea imo

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #28
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I've pimped this on Hexus
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #29
Platinum
raggggggggge

Ill give it a hour before Hexus removes the link, compeating with them tbh

Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #30
L33

Manhack

L33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to allL33 is a name known to all

Good mag and wp to all involved, but why is the 'photo a day' nonsense before any games in a GAMES magazine? (bar the trackmania interview).
Also, review some **** games (WoW, other wizard & goblin RPG ********, bus simulator). Everything scored very highly - a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss
L33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #31
Mrs Rasher

Hopper Mine
Administrator

Mrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud of

I would just like to add my congratulations to all those that have worked so hard on this project. I have seen first hand what has gone in to it - having shared my dining table with djdawson for most of the last week (I could walk past him in the street and would not know him - but I would recognize the voice anywhere )

I think the end result looks fantastic, really professional and a real credit to all those involved.

WELL DONE ALL

Mrs R.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
Platinum
raggggggggge

And review more moden games , old games have been reviewed to death elsewhere, exclusives are where the hits are

Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #33
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Good effort on everyones behalf, it looks (from a quick skim) well produced and slick.

But I've been involved in another site (Gamestyle) many moons ago that did a downloadable version of the site IIRC it lasted about 3-4 very sporadic issues the thing that came out of it was that why would people download an electronic version of the reviews etc when they can read it online via the site?

I have to say that the best way of getting bums on seats at a lan is through gaming itself not a gaming magazine and IMHO the best way to do that is to have GameOn Game Servers that would generate revenue and be a perfect driver for getting people to a LAN
Old 07-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #34
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Lo m8, ta for the feed back

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33 View Post
Good mag and wp to all involved, but why is the 'photo a day' nonsense before any games in a GAMES magazine? (bar the trackmania interview).
Well, we did want to push the fact we have a very active and busy community, showing what the community can put in the mag makes it much more interactive
We can hope that more people will get involved in these smaller side line community site of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33 View Post
Also, review some **** games (WoW, other wizard & goblin RPG ********, bus simulator). Everything scored very highly - a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss
(lol @ WoW)
We to be fair we have put some of the lower score games in
but this is an 1st issue, so come on, how silly would it of been to put in a load of "non heard of games" or crap games
Wouldn't really encourage people to read the mag or read next issue.
This issue we just wanted to try and cover as much of the variety of user tastes as we could

Lots more ideas are coming to the mag

and on that note, if you want in on ideas/layouts etc
just get in touch to join the team m8.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #35
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
Good effort on everyones behalf, it looks (from a quick skim) well produced and slick.
Thanks, a lot of work went in to it.

Quote:
But I've been involved in another site (Gamestyle) many moons ago that did a downloadable version of the site IIRC it lasted about 3-4 very sporadic issues the thing that came out of it was that why would people download an electronic version of the reviews etc when they can read it online via the site?
The way the mag has been done its not much work to put up
plus as we said above, were trying to help promote the guys working for us as well.

Quote:
I have to say that the best way of getting bums on seats at a lan is through gaming itself not a gaming magazine and IMHO the best way to do that is to have GameOn Game Servers that would generate revenue and be a perfect driver for getting people to a LAN
tbh m8, game servers do not = money nor bums on seats
but this is GameOns Mag to promote us and our staff, not for LANs

I cant see what people's problems are tbh
its a great concept and idea and don't take up much time from now on, but give us loads of exposure

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #36
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
And review more moden games , old games have been reviewed to death elsewhere, exclusives are where the hits are
right... so we don't do that on the site already... ok....
This is a gaming mag... and its doing the job its spose to..

come on people, thats a bloody large horse your riding, think some of you need to get off it.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #37
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutly fantastic work mate, it's unbelievable that you have managed to get this up and running with all the site set back. Keep up the good work and hope to be a part of it in later issues

TGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #38
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
tbh m8, game servers do not = money nor bums on seats
So you are saying that people renting gameservers off of GO wont make money? and wont bring clans to LANS???
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #39
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I think tbh people are being a bit over critical.

It's a very good start. It looks professional and I'm sure over time it will get even better.

Congratulations from me on a job well done to all concerned.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #40
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

so out of interest
how many of you have either Internet phones / PDAs even PSPs

as this is also the market we are targeting
cant see how being able to view a web site offline (or carry a mag or 20 in your PDA for long trips) is a backwards thing.
Net isnt always there for people who are out and about.

Follow me on Twitter