GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions For something that doesn't fit in any other category

Old 15-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough
WTF

just saw an advert for a loan site and thought i was seeing things.....

so i went to the web site and yes that is the APR

Finance charge will be between 10 and 14.75 per 50 borrowed. Typical 2356% APR

things can never be that bad you need to borrow off these people
Old 15-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of
Re: WTF

WTF!?

Did ya get a screeny? That can't be right surely!! Must be a typo!
Old 15-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

It's those short term loans things. Allegedly they are only intended for borrowing money for a couple of weeks but they obviously know that not everyone will be able to. Just legalised loan sharking imo.
They had adverts on here for a couple of days until rasher put a stop to it.
Old 15-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, not a big fan of these at all
and tbh i was very surprised that google allowed them adverts on their system

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 15-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
just saw an advert for a loan site and thought i was seeing things.....

so i went to the web site and yes that is the APR

Finance charge will be between 10 and 14.75 per 50 borrowed. Typical 2356% APR

things can never be that bad you need to borrow off these people
I saw that advert! I was thinking that there must have been some sort of mistake...
Old 15-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, no mistake. Just another vulture preying on the gullible and desperate. Like those gold buying ripoffs that give you 20% of the true value. How they're allowed to advertise I don't know.
Old 15-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
Nope, no mistake. Just another vulture preying on the gullible and desperate. Like those gold buying ripoffs that give you 20% of the true value. How they're allowed to advertise I don't know.
No one is forcing people to take it. There is a certain amount of personal responsibility here. It's the same as taking cash out on a credit card...Anyone with half a brain knows that that is a terrible idea.
Old 16-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hai, I am a Nigerian prince.....

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 16-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

I saw theses advertised on TV other day. They do put the % in big letters on the screen and say this is not a long term loan.