GameGrin Gaming Forums

GameGrin Gaming Forums (https://forums.gamegrin.com/index.php)
-   Mobile/Cell Phones, PDA's, and Tablets (https://forums.gamegrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Looking at a new phone, S3 vs Lumia 820 (https://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=57249)

finlay666 07-01-2013 10:32 PM

Looking at a new phone, S3 vs Lumia 820

My contract is up, got my PAC and been looking at contract phones

For the price I want to pay I'm looking at either a Samsung S3 or a Lumia 820 in terms of price (There aren't any other Android phones bar the Nexus but that is a no with the lack of microsd)

I've been a bit of a Galaxy fanboy, had the S1, got the S2 now, hence looking at the S3

Apps wise, there isn't much I use it for, a bit of games but it's mostly browsing, sat nav (via copilot or google maps if I want traffic), some data feeds, social networking and occasionally remote desktopping into my server.

Most of what I want will be easy enough to get I can imagine. I am a fan of Swype though so interested to know what the Windows keypad is like

I know Dawson has the Lumia 920, and a lot have the S3 on here so what would people suggest? I'm not hugely fussed either way and might go take a look at some this weekend in a shop if I can :)

Kaostic 07-01-2013 10:34 PM

Re: Looking at a new phone, S3 vs Lumia 820

I has S3, love it. I do like the look of the Lumia though. I think it's mainly down to which OS you prefer.

Platinum 07-01-2013 11:14 PM

Rumours of SIV in March so if you want Android hold out, not saying get the SIV but you will be able to get a much better deal on the SIII :)

Nokia wise thats a good phone, had a play with one and its very nice.

Guess it comes down to which OS you want really.

finlay666 08-01-2013 10:01 PM

Yeah I ended up waiting about 6 months for the S3 so settled on the S2 at the time.

I must say I'm tempted by the Windows Phones, gf is likely to be getting a WP8 phone as she seems to want a phone that will last longer, so going phone shopping for both of us this weekend

djd4ws0n 10-01-2013 10:18 PM

Thoroughly loving my 920, and the only thing I can really say is see if you can get some hands on time with any of the phones your are considering to ease the decision. :D

Platinum 11-01-2013 01:05 AM

Nexus 4 if you can get one is awesome

finlay666 11-01-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djdawsonuk (Post 499394)
Thoroughly loving my 920, and the only thing I can really say is see if you can get some hands on time with any of the phones your are considering to ease the decision. :D

Going into town to do exactly that tomorrow :)