View Single Post
Old 22-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #13
Hamiltonious

Manhack

Hamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enoughHamiltonious will become famous soon enough
Re: CPU Heatsink Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
Word to the wise though, I try not to touch anything on my PC at least three weeks before a LAN, especially not at a LAN. Nothing worse than having a Potato.
Issue is, if I don't touch it it's registering temps of 90+ while gaming and the fan is spinning up loudly when I open web pages. Can't be having that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum
If the screws are in right either the heatsinks broken (the bits that stick out) or the plastics not in far enough, either way we can look at it tomorrow, if its proper fucked we bodge it with cable ties until Sat when you can grab a new one from Overclockers.
I'll re-apply the paste and reseat the heatsink tonight and see what that does. I blame Intel's mounting brackets if you ask me :P.