View Single Post
Old 28-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about
Gaming Society for Gamers

Hi all,

Very long time no speak. Hope you're well. Thought I'd pop back on here and see what you're all up to. Also, I had an idea I'd like to run passed you if that's ok. This was the most relevant place to post I thought.

I was looking for a gaming society in London, a place to meet up and talk about gaming. Might not be everybody’s bag, but thought I'd look. Nothing about really unless you like backgammon or bridge. Now, I'm not an avid gamer (I don’t get the time) but I do live in London and like to play when I can, I also like to chat about games and the industry and where we see it going.

Then an idea popped into my head. There are conferences, speakers and events where gaming industry folk can get together and discuss media, marketing strategies and industrial trend and how they can affect and in turn, be effected by it all. But it was just the industry and £290 a ticket.

This wouldn’t include the likes of you and I, the gamer. So what if we were given that opportunity to chat to all those people. For instance, what if we had an auditorium of 500 gamers and some media listening to the Valve team about their latest project or the Half Life saga for instance. A chance to ask questions, see demonstrations of gaming and maybe listen to the soundtrack being played live. You see these mini ‘Expos’ as they’re called at the conventions. A small stage with someone being interviewed for 5mins about their latest release. Well what if that was to take place every month? Different companies, games, ideas, demonstrations and talks but intimate with a chance for you to ask any question you had about their product or story. Is that something that, if it was free, you’d be interested in attending?

This was a brain burp but I thought sod it.. why not? I can find out about it and if I get to a point where I find there’s no demand. I’d simply stop. It wouldn’t be my time wasted though.

Let me know if you had any thoughts or previous experiences around this sort of thing. I’d love to make something happen.