GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 17-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
Zim

Fast Zombie

Zim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enough
Loads of Kit For Sale.....

Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to say a big HI because it's been a very long time sinse I last posted on here! It's good to see some old names still going strong... Hi to Teddy, Rasher, Exo, Monger, Plat, Dayspring, Olly, Betty, Switch, Kyle and everyone else (I'll be here all day otherwise LOL!)... It's good to see GO is still going strong and I hope everyone is happy and well

Anyway, I've got a load of kit that I need to sell off because the missus won't let me keep any of it sinse moving to a posh apartment in Manchester (which is a real bummer because I hate getting rid of toys & gadgets!)

Before I list any of this kit I'll quickly fill you in on the history of it all....

All the kit is ex-company hardware that is out of warranty and no longer on our asset register. After leaving my network it was then used for a community wireless network project to provide free Internet bandwidth to a number of homes in the Blackley area of Manchester. After a few months we invested into the project due to its success and all the old kit become redundant.

I was going to use this kit for another wireless project but the 'other half' is objecting to the idea of us having a comms cabinet in the apartment, which is understandable to be honest LOL!

Hopefully someone can find good use for this kit....

3 of - Small Form Factor Base units comprising of:

Intel Pentium 4 Celeron 2.4Ghz
Intel D865 GLC Motherboard
40GB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda IDE
200 WATT PSU
256 Kingston Value KVR400 X64C3A DDR400
(2 have CDRW drives)

3 of - 15" GL Flatron L1510M TFT (With Y-Splitter AC Mains Leads)

4 of - 3Com 4228G (Model # 3C1F304)
1 of - 3Com 4900 SX (Model # 3C17702) With 4 port fibre module
1 of - 3Com 3250 (Model # 3CR17501-9)
1 of - 3Com 3824 (Model # 3C17400)

4 of - 3Com 3C5FP91 STP Optical Transciever Modules
5 of - 3Com 3CBIC91 GBIC Optical Transciever Modules
1 of - 3Com 3CSFP93 4500 Copper Module

Selection of fibre patch leads of assorted types (See Images)

1 of - Abit IC7-G Motherboard

6 of - Kingston Value RAM KVR333X64C25 256 MB DDR333

2 of - SFF D-Link 1Gb/s NIC's (Model # DGE-530T)

3 of - Seagate 80GB Barracuda 7200RPM SATA1

3 of - LinkServer IP Camera with WiFi & POE Adapter

Basically all this kit has to go, and before I stick it all on eBay I thought I'd try the good old GO forum first

I'm open to reasonable offers for any item, to be honest I'd like to see the whole lot go in one sale (That'll keep the other half happy!)

I've just stuck all the pictures from my mobile on the GO Image Dump, there you can find all the pictures of all the kit I'm selling (excluding all the other random stuff that isn't listed above LOL!) http://godump.gamegrin.com/publicdum...id=1&user=4491

Anyway.... Laters peeps

Last edited by Beanz; 17-07-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Link added
Old 17-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
monger

Alien Controller

monger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond reputemonger has a reputation beyond repute
sorry did you say posh apartment in manchester?

<3

nice to hear from ya again
Old 17-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Zim

Fast Zombie

Zim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enoughZim will become famous soon enough
Yeah that's what they call high-rise living in Manchester these days LOL!

Good to hear from you again fella

Unfortunatly I have to go now... but I will catch up with you in the morning when I get to the office... hope all is well, hows the missus??
Old 17-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you wanting to get rid in bulk or are you willing to spil.

Interested in one of the SFF bases and a Monitor if you're willing to split.
Old 17-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
nice to see you again m8
i will prob be interested in one of the PCs
give me a shout on MSN m8

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 17-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Actually linking to the photos = w1n
Old 17-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
How much do you want for those 2850's?
And did I spy a PV132T in there?
Old 17-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #8
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
and yeah as beanz said, your need to link to your GODump images
(u can link to just one page will show all of them)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Old 17-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
and yeah as beanz said, your need to link to your GODump images
(u can link to just one page will show all of them)
it's almost as if i added the link in already
Old 18-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #10
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
If you end up splitting I'd be interested in the cameras
Old 18-07-2007, 08:12 AM   #11
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
My mate who runs hencam.co.uk might be intrested in the camera if Betty dont want them.

Let me have a word with him!

And we (me & Rig) might be interested in some of the switches for our mEm stuff!
Old 18-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #12
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
depending on price might be after one of the tfts for the kids pc

what sort of price you looking for?

and since when has there been posh part of manchester LOL
Old 18-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Zim

Fast Zombie

Thanks for adding the link to the Image Dump Beanz (I knew I'd forgot something in that post!)

I'm willing to split the lot up no problem by the way guys, oh and HI Phunky and Listy - Good to see your still BBK'ing judging by your siggy, say HI to Metz for me

Azrael316 - I was thinking of about 150 for the base unit & TFT as a single sale, so if that fits your budget give me a PM or add my MSN address (it should be in my profile). However, I am away from my desk for the most part of today so IM'ing me might be the better option.

Rasher I'll try and catch you on MSN this evening, I know your generally a rather busy chap so I'll just leave you a message.

Hiya Olly, with the switching kit no longer covered by 3Com anymore I was thinking around the lines of 80 per unit with the exception of the 3824 (as its the fully gigabit model). But to be honest I'm open to offers as I doubt they would auction on eBay for much more, if at all!

Phunky/Betty - Well guys I only have a few of these so its up to you chaps to decide for yourself. To be honest they are cool little toys, if you've never used IP cameras before then you'll be rather impressed. Once we used a couple of these as roof-top web cameras on our website and for security in our server rooms/comms cabinets. They have Java and ActiveX streams, FTP, email alerts and with a nifty little applications called IPView you can set them to record on motion detection - So not bad for DIY home CCTV LOL!

Listy - How does 50 sound? I forgot to mention but these Flatron's have tiny builtin speakers so they are good for a clutter free desk And your right, Manchester doesn't have a posh part LOL! Thankfully though I only have to live here until we find a suitable house within our mortgage budget (Which is proving ever more difficult!)
Old 18-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Hiya Olly, with the switching kit no longer covered by 3Com anymore I was thinking around the lines of 80 per unit with the exception of the 3824 (as its the fully gigabit model). But to be honest I'm open to offers as I doubt they would auction on eBay for much more, if at all!
Ta for the info, but I wasn't even remotely interested in the 3com kit
The processors and throughput that they have are way too limited to be of interest to me.

I was actually referring to the Dell Poweredge 2850's that I could see in a couple of photos, and one of the rackmount units looks awfully like a Powervault 132T library (which I'd also be interested in )

EDIT: And just noticed you've got a Dell/EMC san in that. What would you be looking at for the controller & disks (and any HBA's that you have)

Last edited by olobley; 18-07-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 18-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute
How much are you looking for for the cameras?
Old 18-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
Zim

Fast Zombie

Would 20 each sound good to you Betty?? (Thats with AC adaptors, 2x Antenna and mounting brackets, may even have a couple of manuals/boxes in stock)

Sorry Olly I mis-read your post LOL! Yes this 3Com kit has been around for a few years now and simply can't compare to what we have today by any means, hopefully it will be useful to someone out there though! What you spotted is actually an EMC Clarion AX150i (6TB model), only iSCSI but it's give me the bug and I'm looking at some EqualLogic kit for Christmas time
Old 18-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #17
Beanz
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
I was actually referring to the Dell Poweredge 2850's that I could see in a couple of photos, and one of the rackmount units looks awfully like a Powervault 132T library (which I'd also be interested in )

EDIT: And just noticed you've got a Dell/EMC san in that. What would you be looking at for the controller & disks (and any HBA's that you have)
Seeing as there was no mention of the Dell kit, and the EXIF data says the photos were taken in April, it would suggest they're not on offer
Old 18-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #18
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all
might be after cam too
Old 18-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
phunky

Vortigaunt

phunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the roughphunky is a jewel in the rough
Awwww if theres a camera spare im sure Neil will have one for hencam.co.uk, already has one hooked up but hes been on about putting more on the site for a while.
Old 18-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #20
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Well, there's three of us who want them and 3 cameras so why don't we have one each?