GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > Web Site: Updates & Problems

Web Site: Updates & Problems Noticed a problem with the GameGrin site or unsure how to use a feature? Post in here for more information.

Old 14-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Facebook group for the lans?

Is there a central group? I only see the GG one and the ones for each event? a central one would be good as a central point for all the lan photos / lan related news ect?

Or is there a way to automatically have photos posted in the event pages copied to a album on the GG page?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Facebook group for the lans?

Get to it!

The chances of Rasher/a GG team member being active on Facebook for LAN discussions would be slim as they're already busy as it is but if you can create one and pop them as admins I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra bit of help.

Tag me in the group when you've made it so I can join.
Old 14-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mate

there is one already, its just not being used
I can send you over admin rights in the week

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
JK Ferret

Human Grunt

JK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond reputeJK Ferret has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyStoat View Post
Tag me in the group when you've made it so I can join.
Tag all of us in the group tbh. I'll bet there's a few people who are on/more active on facebook, that are not on/active on the forums. It would be a good way to advertise things like theme nights and random other group gaming too, and/or redirecting to the forums to try to encourage people to be a little more active here
JK Ferret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey peeps,

It turns out we already have a Facebook page for this kind of thing, however, there needs to be a bit of an explanation to qualify things a bit!

GameGrin / GameOn
The naming difference is probably the "big hurdle" here. GameGrin is a trading name of GameOn Networking Ltd and is used for the website and associated features, such as the forums.

You might have noticed, that in the forums, the room is still named "GameOn LANs" - this is the official name under which the LANs are run. Now that's out of the way, the Facebook "page" for this is here:

GameOn on Facebook

Get yourself liking/joining that page, and from hereon in we'll be using that to mark events like LANs, Theme Nights, Tournaments (oops, spoiler) and other things like that. We'll still be advertising them here too - because community

I'm an admin on that page and going to be making a more positive impact with it going forward.
Old 14-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
Platinum
raggggggggge

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good mate , One should help the other and vice versa

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 14-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

we will get you added as an admin Plat

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
Hey peeps,

It turns out we already have a Facebook page for this kind of thing, however, there needs to be a bit of an explanation to qualify things a bit!

GameGrin / GameOn
The naming difference is probably the "big hurdle" here. GameGrin is a trading name of GameOn Networking Ltd and is used for the website and associated features, such as the forums.

You might have noticed, that in the forums, the room is still named "GameOn LANs" - this is the official name under which the LANs are run. Now that's out of the way, the Facebook "page" for this is here:

GameOn on Facebook

Get yourself liking/joining that page, and from hereon in we'll be using that to mark events like LANs, Theme Nights, Tournaments (oops, spoiler) and other things like that. We'll still be advertising them here too - because community

I'm an admin on that page and going to be making a more positive impact with it going forward.
Might be best to put this in the GO FB page about section so its clear and there is no confusion mate
Newbies to the lan might not realise that GG is also part of the same and vice versa.

Old 14-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #9
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
we will get you added as an admin Plat
Cheers, ill get pictures rounded up and try and get as complete a collection of past lan pics as I can, any objections with me pinching images from the old lan page?

Ill give Fin a poke and see if he can put a link to the FB page somewhere on the lan booking site

I think this last lan has shown us how useful Facebook can be now for lans, the live pics thread died pretty quick but the FB event page has blown right up

Old 14-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #10
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Ill give Fin a poke and see if he can put a link to the FB page somewhere on the lan booking site
Also, we need a "Forums" link directly to here:

http://forums.gamegrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I'll be making a series of changes to the FB page, which will include updates surrounding the naming.
Old 14-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

Also Plat, you should now be an admin.
Old 14-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
Platinum
raggggggggge

Nice one cheers mate, for the moment ill get on to the lan pics and leave the rest for the moment so that I dont step on your toes, nudge me if you need anything else working on

Old 15-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

Also. I re-iterate the following post from the initial move over to GameGrin...

http://old.gamegrin.com/gameon-chang...to-gamegrincom
Old 15-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #14
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

Might want to replace the old images which still reference .co.uk
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
Might want to replace the old images which still reference .co.uk
It's in the todo list, however, I don't currently have access to my main computer so I can't sort them out!
Old 15-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
Platinum
raggggggggge

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawsonuk View Post
It's in the todo list, however, I don't currently have access to my main computer so I can't sort them out!
Again if you can get me to do it then do so , your time is more valuable