GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 24-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Bioshock DLC fail / rip off

Quote:
The ‘Sinclair Solutions Test Pack’ costs 400 MS Points/£3.40 and comprises 20 new Trials, a pair of new playable characters, five new masks and a third set of weapons – all of which are useful in the game’s online matches. The DLC appears to weigh in at a teeny-tiny 108KB too. Not very much for such a lot of stuff, you might think. And you’d be quite right!

You see, all you’re actually downloading is a ‘key’ that unlocks the content. The content itself is merely hiding on the disc ready to be discovered. In that regard you’ve already physically bought it, although that’s not quite how publishers 2K Games sees it. According to one exec it’s all about keeping the online playing field nice and level
http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/9913/

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
azrael316

Combine Soldier Elite

azrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond reputeazrael316 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bioshock DLC fail / rip off

WHat utter tripe.

The DLCs for Borderlands have had no effect on the game whatsover, I can play with those who have all, some or none of the DLCs...

AFA (From Facebook) :

Yay little boys are awesome...

azrael316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

This is nothing new.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

I don't understand how it would effect players. If there was an update it could of just flaged the game update when xbox live is connected making the player update before allowing them to play online.
Old 25-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

One that always perplexed me was the boss pack for GH3... I appreciate it's free but it's rather large, especially when considering the songs AND full charts are already in the game. I do not understand why they aren't just playable.
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
One that always perplexed me was the boss pack for GH3... I appreciate it's free but it's rather large, especially when considering the songs AND full charts are already in the game. I do not understand why they aren't just playable.
Because when you face the bosses in GH3 it is different to normal songs as your difficulty changes + powerups have to be accounted for.

Ideally it should have been on disk already just would have been separate from the boss battle versions.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

'Cept you can play any song as a battle song - the power-ups simply take the place of star power sequences (although I could be wrong there). Every bit of data they'd need to make it a full song is there :-/
Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
'Cept you can play any song as a battle song - the power-ups simply take the place of star power sequences (although I could be wrong there). Every bit of data they'd need to make it a full song is there :-/
Hm strange. I'm guessing there must have been something to do with the charting that prevented those boss songs from being playable off the bat, at least they didn't charge for it.
Old 25-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

Same on Forza 3 with the VIP Car Pack.. 800MSP.. It's already on the disc but the cars have a padlock on them BUT they are giving the money to a charity I think..
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Company Stooge
One of the challenges with post launch content is that it can split the player base, and we want to avoid that whenever possible. For this content, creating the package the way we did allowed for us to not split the player base – so whether you purchase the new content or not, you can still play with your friends.
I fail to see how ANY downloadable content can avoid splitting the player base. Yes, they might all be on the same patch version but if you're playing online and the map changes to one from the DLC you're going to have a problem playing if you haven't bought it.

How it's distributed is irrelevant. It could be on the disc, downloaded from their server or transported on floppy discs in the beaks of 500 carrier pigeons. If you ain't bought it you ain't playing in that round.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
cloud_ds

Bullsquid

cloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the roughcloud_ds is a jewel in the rough

Nah this bears no weight, many MMO's for example have all the content in the purchased product so if you should choose to buy an expansion it's already there for you.
(note: Matured MMOs)
Old 04-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_ds View Post
Nah this bears no weight, many MMO's for example have all the content in the purchased product so if you should choose to buy an expansion it's already there for you.
(note: Matured MMOs)
Well thats mainly so you don't see half the player base naked because you can't see what gear they are wearing (due to the client not having the new models and textures)