GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 17-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
fuKKer

Human Grunt

fuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant futurefuKKer has a brilliant future
Sky Broadband

Couldn't find a specific area to post this in so here it goes.

Currently paying +20 a month for my ADSL line, it has a bandwidth cap of 30Gb and +1 for any extra GB's I use. The current provider has great customer service and provide me with a quality line but looking at my monthly outgoings i really need to tighten the purse strings a little.

Has anyone got Sky Broadband and if so what are they like? good for gaming? I can get unlimited 20mb DSL and a free phone line that i never use anyway.
fuKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sky Broadband

We have it here, we have the unlimited package
only downside for us is our exchange is f**ked so we only connect at 4mb
but that's going to happen with what ever provider (DSL) we go with.

I do download a lot (a LOT LOT) due to having 2 kids who use the net plus stuff like we upload trailers daily and download steam games daily.

Would i recommend them? Yes i would

I would like to add that we are looking at coming off Sky, but that is because we are going to be canceling the sky packages (TV) plus we want to go for BT infinity

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

ive been hearing BT infinity is suffering massivley from the "we wont cut you off, but we are gunna throttle your connection back to uselessness" syndrome a lot of providers are having.
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

We're on Sky broadband, not had a single fault with it yet (touch wood). No disconnections randomly, no downtime, the downloading speed is fab and so is the uploading speed.

Dawson and I shared it at first, then about 2 months ago the landlord asked us to share it between at least 8 other people, so if you imagine I'm on Warcraft, Dawson is hosting a Skype call and a Minecraft server, then the 6 others are in turn either gaming/streaming videos/Facebooking etc it's not shown any problems holding it.

I'd highly recommend it from the point of view of an everyday user who doesn't use it beyond Warcraft/Steam gaming whilst downloading the odd movie here and there, Dawson can give you further insight for that opinion. We've had no issues reported by the landlord either that the students downstairs are having problems.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

That + on a line that was touted to only get 4-5mb, we get 12mb