GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Misc Games Chat

Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Stalker Clear Sky issues

Anyone else finding it buggy as hell?, Keeps crashing on my rig, thought it might be the overclocked CPU but even at stock its doing it.
Seems fine for Snoozer but not for me , Wondering if its a ATI issue?, Just been running around the Garbage area trying to get a artefact and it crashed 7 times in 15 mins :/, its getting to the stage where its unplayable for me
Gonna see if there's new drivers for my Graphics card and see if that helps.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road
Re: Stalker Clear Sky issues

As I said, I had one crash which involved staying longer than 15 seconds in trade with a certain person. Minus that it's been fine on my Nvidia
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

All my crashes are crashes to desktop :/

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Platinum

Tentacle

Great, all drivers updated and now its crashing even more, I am wondering if its this save game but I am loathe to start the game again for fear it will start crashing again
I am not even getting a bug report now, just direct to desktop

Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Used to get the same similiar problem in the original and it was down to "pre-caching" some textures. Do you get a bug report tool stating the error at all ?
iNTOXiCATiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Platinum

Tentacle

I did but not now, just direct to desktop, is there any way to stop the texture pre cache?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

iNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to alliNTOXiCATiON is a name known to all

Theres is a command line i put in my shortcut on the original - not at home now so unable check, have a looksie for pre caching crashes on google
Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #8
POBmaestro

Human Grunt

POBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of lightPOBmaestro is a glorious beacon of light

Seems ok on my Nvidia. Only had one major crash, which was a restart jobbie. Happened just when I got passed that ****ty military blockade after the Swamps too
POBmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #9
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about

Well I got my copy yesterday in the posty wosty... I had lots to do when we got back home from work so didn't manage to get much done in the game. I had a look around at the camp you start in and it all looks pretty nice.

Sadly I had to turn some of the features down and admit that my machine is now out of spec. I changed the lighting to Objects Only that was it and managed to keep detail at high and play at highest res - I'm probably getting somewhere around 20fps I think - it does drop though when there's to much going on - I'm running the following:

Windows XP SP3
AMD A64 3200
1.5Gb Ram
Ati X1900XT 512MB AGP
400PSU

Me thinks we need a change. But priorities don't allow for that at the moment so I'll just have to put up with it.

Going back to the point in hand - I've not played it enough for anything to crash. I did install the latest patch and this has really decreased load times which is good. They've kept it very similar to the first one, sounds and all sorts so looking forward to playing more.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Let me know how you get on with the ATI card mate

Old 12-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Another new patch - http://stalker.deepsilver.com/patches.php?lang=eng

Requires a new game.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
Platinum

Tentacle

Pretty sure that's the patch I was using, just trying a reinstall of the game now to see if that works, if that fails I am gonna have to try a new game, if that fails then I am getting drunk!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #13
Platinum

Tentacle

Reinstalled, started a new game, disabled pre caching and im still getting kicked to desktop with no reason given.
I have about had it with this game.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #14
Platinum

Tentacle

Main amount of crashes to desktop seem to be when loading a new level or switching screens, i.e going to the inventory screen.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
iNTOXiCATiON

Vortigaunt

bummer - have you tied "the usual", turn gfx settings down then up them one after another to see if its more stable
Old 12-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
Platinum

Tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNTOXiCATiON View Post
bummer - have you tied "the usual", turn gfx settings down then up them one after another to see if its more stable
Not tried that, ill give that a go now

Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

tried that, crashed again, bug reports lists this though :

[error][ 487] : Attempt to access invalid address.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Platinum

Tentacle

Anyone know if the developers have a support forum / support email adress?, Cant seem to locate anything re support on there site :s

Old 12-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #19
Platinum

Tentacle

Gah found a email form on there site and it keeps timing out!

Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #20
Snoozer
Banned

Yea their server is being hammered at the moment.