GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > Films & Programs

Films & Programs Opinions on your favourite Films and TV programs

Old 09-10-2008, 11:44 AM   #21
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of
Re: Scariest movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
you mean that didnt happen sheffields not a waste ground
Not any more, we have running water now

One scary moment for me was watch Salems Lot when I was a teenager, the scene where the kid bitten by the vampire then comes at night hovering and knocking on his mates window outside.....found that spooky. And of late, suppose was a few scene in the Grudge, the elevator scene, and end scene where she comes creeping down the stairs.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #22
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

Entity **** me up when i was young and still a amazin movie
Old 17-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #23
NiKiTa

Fast Zombie

NiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enoughNiKiTa will become famous soon enough

THE DESCENT that film was scary for me maybe beacuse i hate small places
Old 17-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #24
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

ooh ooh ooh...

forgot

Event Horizon....first time I watched that, was under the premise it was a sci-fi action movie...

boy did i get a brown pant alarm..

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 18-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
XPurple-PoisonX

Human Grunt
Forum Volunteer

XPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really niceXPurple-PoisonX is just really nice

I went to watch mirrors at the cinema, to be honest - that scared the hell out of me, I would of given it 10/10 for keeping you on your toes throughout the movie.

Cloverfield scared me too - with the little weird monster things lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
The first Nightmare on Elm Street is scary as feck too.
Didn't like that one bit - somewhat disturbing. Turned it off in a matter of seconds.
Old 18-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #26
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Cloverfield was totally awesome in the cinema. Now I have the DVD and the big TV to watch it all the time.
Old 18-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #27
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
ooh ooh ooh...

forgot

Event Horizon....first time I watched that, was under the premise it was a sci-fi action movie...

boy did i get a brown pant alarm..
I remember watchng that film when I was really young and I enjoyed it incredibly. Think I might had one nightmare but that was it.

For me, there's no experience more primeval or as involving in watching a film then the feeling of fear.

I have never been properly scared form a film though, nor have jumped from watching a film for a good few years now, it just doesn't seem to happen anymore. However I still get the adrenaline rush, which is probably why I love horror films, because I love adrenaline.

However playing games scares me a hell of a lot more as you are actually instantly more immersed as you are the one controlling the player.
Old 18-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #28
Colio

Garg

Colio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond reputeColio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNsLiNgEr View Post

For me, there's no experience more primeval or as involving in watching a film then the feeling of fear.
. However I still get the adrenaline rush, which is probably why I love horror films, because I love adrenaline.
we're definitely from opposite poles.

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.

Old 23-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
knowyourrole

Baby Headcrab

knowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enough

The scariest movie in my opinion is The Shining.
Old 23-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

The shining isn't scary, it's a damn good showcase for Mr. Nicholson's acting abilities, and a good movie to boot. But not scary in the slightest.
Old 24-10-2008, 12:02 AM   #31
MaddAussie

Antlion

MaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond reputeMaddAussie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
Threads 1984 docudrama about the effects of a nuclear war on sheffield
I found a copy online of this and started watching it and had to turn it off within 10 minutes as it unsettled me that much

( dont say I didnt warn you)
Old 24-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #32
knowyourrole

Baby Headcrab

knowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enoughknowyourrole will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
The shining isn't scary, it's a damn good showcase for Mr. Nicholson's acting abilities, and a good movie to boot. But not scary in the slightest.
Yes it is.
Old 24-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #33
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Alive View Post
QFT.

Acting > Gore. It's unnerving, but only because of Nicholson's ability to convey such a feeling.
Old 24-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #34
Fat Tony

Human Grunt

Fat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud ofFat Tony has much to be proud of

The ending scene to Quarantine = freakin' terrifying.

Shame the rest of the movie is laughably bad.
Old 24-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #35
Torralion

Poisonous Zombie

Torralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura aboutTorralion has a spectacular aura about
Scariest movie?

As a child the characters that scared the B' Jesus out of me in a movie where the Orcs and the Black Riders (Wraiths) in the original cartoon of the Lord of the Rings. That music just kept me awake... those red eyes. Especially when Frodo puts the ring on when they're at Weather Top - stupid hobits'es.

Now'erdays I still let films frighten me, it just adds to the fun of watching. That's what it's there for. The most frightening film I have ever seen was the "Ring". The American version as I've not seen the Japanese. Wow, that was a scary film... it was well made. Naomi Watts was just brilliant in it.. I mean who comes out of a well, crawls across the floor and then climbs through your TV...

Scary shizzle!!11!
Old 24-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #36
Dead Alive

Antlion

Go for the Japanese trilogy. It's so much better.
Old 25-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
Threads 1984 docudrama about the effects of a nuclear war on sheffield
Dunno about scariest interms of hiding behind the sofa, but certainly sticks with you for good that film..
Old 25-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #38
Vale

Vortigaunt

Vale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to beholdVale is a splendid one to behold

As to whats the scariest film I've ever seen..

Poltergeist (sp?) when I was about 11.. It gave me nightmares for weeks and I've never been able to watch good supernatural (ghosts) films since without having the fear!
Old 25-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #39
Colio

Garg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post

Poltergeist (sp?) when I was about 11.. It gave me nightmares for weeks and I've never been able to watch good supernatural (ghosts) films since without having the fear!
qft

Old 26-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #40
Vale

Vortigaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colio View Post
qft
must be getting old - qft?

Quote:
[edit]
QFT is a three-letter abbreviation with multiple meanings, as described below:

* Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics for field-like systems
* Quantum Fourier transform, a discrete Fourier transform
* Quantitative feedback theory
* Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland
* Quoted For Truth, an abbreviation used on Internet forums to state that you agree with someone else's statement

The last one I assume
[/edit]

Last edited by Vale; 26-10-2008 at 07:31 AM.