GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > Racing

Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Carmageddon: Reincarnation Confirmed

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Confirmed

Visit here to read more

Stainless Games Begins Development of Carmageddon: Reincarnation

......Read More

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Confirmed

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG - after following this so closely. WIN
Old 02-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

i was a massive Carmageddon fan, loved 1 and 2
all the "young" ones wont know much about the game, but its one of the first zombie games that i can recall and they took a lot of **** for the "blood" in the original game

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Played the hell out of 1 and 2 when they came out, good to see the original company's coming back to it, shame it looks like it'll be a console port if it does get released on PC.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Cronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Played the hell out of 1 and 2 when they came out, good to see the original company's coming back to it, shame it looks like it'll be a console port if it does get released on PC.
As much as i would like a PC version of the game, i would be happy with a console one if thats all they are going to make,

Carmageddon on console or no Carmageddon, i know which one i will pick

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
As much as i would like a PC version of the game, i would be happy with a console one if thats all they are going to make,

Carmageddon on console or no Carmageddon, i know which one i will pick
Oh, I'll take console port Carmageddon by Stainless over no Carmageddon, been hoping for another since Carpocalypse Now (I ignore the existence of TDR). It's just that Carmageddon was a PC game and it seems wrong to make it for a console and give the original format a crippled version (if they do release it to Steam or something, and I really hope they will as I don't own any current gen console).

Last edited by Cronos; 02-06-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, Carmageddon was never exactly the most complex game in the world - it should be more than possible to recreate it in a console-friendly guise without a great deal of dumbing down.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Maggy

Bullsquid

Maggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond reputeMaggy has a reputation beyond repute

if they do a botched conversion though it sill sully the good name of carmageddon.

and year from now when we are talking to our grand children about this awesome game we once knew called carmageddon... it wont be the same game
"the law of the universe is the whole thing will turn to ****"
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

I have high hopes for it. The forum on their site is already very active and the boss of the company is making all the right noises.

I just hope they manage to get the feel of the game right. It should feel like playing the first two games but with the benefits of modern technology.

I can see the blood being a bit more of a problem this time though. With modern levels of graphical realism the hilarious splashes of red in the old days become an altogether darker sort of thing.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

If they can do a proper in car view that should add more win
Also some decent physics as well.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Gah, console, PC, good graphics, bad graphics, good physics, bad physics, blood, no blood.

I want this.

Now
Old 08-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
Cronos

Antlion

They've set up a Kickstarter page to get golds to finish it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reincarnation

Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

link fail on top message takes me to ladbrooks now
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

I had Carmageddon on the Playstation 1 back when I didn't have a PC. Fun game.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gamegrin.com/game/news/20...tion-confirmed
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #16
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be donating and I suggest you all do to

BTW anyone know if anyone ever did a high res mod for Carmageddon 1 and 2?

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post

BTW anyone know if anyone ever did a high res mod for Carmageddon 1 and 2?
http://www.carmajunkies.com/download...ct=view&id=859
Old 09-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
Platinum

Tentacle

Exclamation Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Swallocks View Post
have some rep!

edit denied

Old 28-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
Cronos

Antlion

Woooo, their kickstarter hit its goal!!!!

Old 28-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
Woooo, their kickstarter hit its goal!!!!
oww nice
running over zombies here we come

Follow me on Twitter