GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > General Chat

General Chat General Chat Area

Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
In Loving Memory

As some of you maybe aware my mother has been quite ill for some time now.

On Wednesday 28th November @ 4.35pm my mother lost her fight and sadly passed away.

I am taking a bit of time out and not sure when I will be able to come back full time.

The funeral is next week, so anyone who wanted to join us would be more than welcome, please contact us for details (by text on my mobile would be best or email)

If you need my email or phone number please contact Sarah, Wedge, Dawson, ex0 for them.

Please can you keep things going on the website while I am away, and a big thank you to everyone who has been keeping things going while I have been away so far.

Please remember, she wasn't just my mother, she was also Jessica's and Luke's Nan and they are both missing her a lot.
We was a very close family with her and she did a lot for our family.
Linda has had to take a lot on with me not being able to cope with this.

Over the coming months I will post more information on her life, for those of you that are interested.

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
HarrieSilver

Hopper Mine

HarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant future
Re: In Loving Memory

<3 thinking of you all
HarrieSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear that Rasher and family. I know you'd joke around and stuff but it was easy to tell how you felt about her.

Rest In Peace, Pat.

I'll keep up my news posting and take over on the e-mail front for you, mate. I'll keep an eye out for game codes that are being offered up and get hold of them. I'll help Dawson out with the magazine as well. Take as much time as you need mate. This ol' ship doesn't take too much
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
FoxyStoat

Human Grunt

FoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond reputeFoxyStoat has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about the loss of a wonderful life, she will be so proud of you, Rasher and the grandchildren and daughter-in-law you've blessed her with.

If you need anything at all just let Dawson or I know and we'll be straight on it, don't you worry about GG for now, concentrate on remembering the happy memories and fantastic life she led with her family close around her.

May she rest in peace and watch over you all till you meet again.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that mate , anything you need just shout, thoughts go out to you and family.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear your sad news, I only know too well what it's like to loose someone very close to you.
If there is anything I can do, or you need a chat dont hesitate to get intouch.
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Dead Alive

Antlion

Dead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond reputeDead Alive has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear it, boss.

Not much I can do but if I can help I'm always hiding on Skype.
Dead Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
alsenior

Roller Mine

alsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond reputealsenior has a reputation beyond repute

very sorry to hear about this.

If you need anything just give me a shout
Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Over the years I got to spend time around Pat, she was always kind to me. Whenever I was there she would always make sure I was ok. She would make sure id ate my lunch, and had anything I could need, and she would always talk and show an interest, make me feel welcome, which everyone there did and ill never forget.

It was those little things that got me through some of the hardest times in my life so far, when Rasher and family helped me and supported me, and Pat will always be with me as a part of that. I know things got a lot tougher in the more recent years, but that's the way I will always see her and remember her, and be grateful to her for.

Will keep you all in my thoughts, and send you my best wishes. Love you all very much.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Angelfromabove

Antlion

Angelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud ofAngelfromabove has much to be proud of

Exo that's such a true testament to Pat and her nature, she was caring and loving, always making you feel welcome and always took an interest in whatever you were talking to her about.

I remember being there for a while when me and my ex broke up, Rasher and Linda kindly invited me to stay there for a bit and get my head clear. Pat used to visit during the day and she was always so lovely, sat there chatting and inevitably bantering with Rash. I always admired the strong relationship that the family have, especially the one between Rash and his mum, so much love there - such a unique and special bond between the two. Pat used to listen to me ramble on about my cats, my life, my job, all kinds of things - in between keeping us supplied with sandwiches and cups of tea! Was a hard time for me at the time and Pat played a big part in keeping my mind off of things.

Ill never forget her warmth and friendliness she showed to everybody she came in contact with, she really was an amazing woman - one of a kind to be honest. She is sadly missed. x
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
Hairy

Bullsquid

Hairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond reputeHairy has a reputation beyond repute

Very Sorry to hear this sad news Rash, hope you are all doing ok and get through this ok.

All the very best,

Hairy.

The views stated here are God's and not mine, unless otherwise stated.
Hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
Vulpine

Vortigaunt

Vulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant futureVulpine has a brilliant future

So sorry, my sincere condolences to you all.
Marco
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Jamz

Antlion

Jamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond reputeJamz has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe i've let this slip through the net, SO sorry Rash and Family, if there's anything you need just ask.

My thoughts are with you guys.

Much love. x
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Oh man so sorry guys.
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #15
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

First of all I would like to thank you everyone who's given their support, it has meant a lot to me.

To be honest, you never are ready for something like this, I have always been good at giving support to people when they have lost someone and I have lost people close to me before, but losing my mother without a doubt has been one of the hardest things I have had to cope with in my life.

My mother was more than just my mother, she was a friend, she was one of my best friends.
10 years ago She moved near us so we could take care of her and so she could watch her grandchildren grow up, but when she moved here, I fell ill and she became one of my carers and helped look after and run our family.
She used to pick up both Luke and Jessica from school for us, when I couldn't get out and also help Linda out around the house, from cleaning to making dinner, even staying over when Linda used to work aboard a lot.

For the last 18 months her mobility deteriorated rapidly, with my help problems I suddenly became her carer (Don't even get me started how fucked up the social services system is and was for helping her).
For those of you that know me, know I am not that mobile myself, so you can only imagine how bad things was, it was the blind leading the blind sometimes.

If i said something wrong, she would put me straight, if I said something out of turn, she would correct it, she helped me so much become the person I am today.

When I was a child my mother used to take me to the cinema a lot to watch Sci-Fi films, It was my mother that went to the cinema with me to see Star Wars for the first time and the countless other classic film like Superman and so on.
My mother also went to the premiere of “The Empire Strikes Back” (I wasn't allowed to go as it was a school day)
Nothing changed as life went on, while she was taking care of me, we used to watch a LOT of TV in the daytime, in recent years we have watched some great TV like Eureka, The Event, Flash Forward, Grimm, Fringe, Kyle XY, Primeval, Prison Break, Doctor Who, Stargate just to name some. Unfortunately she also made me watch her programs, things like “Bargain Hunter” type programs and house renovation series.

I still remember to this day, how we rented Alien as soon as it came to video, we was both scared silly watching it, but we both had a love for watching things like that and its probably why the Alien films are one of my favorite even now (next to Star Wars of cause)

I know I have been a lot luckier than other people who have lost their mothers (or fathers) at a younger age, but I also believe its part of my problem now, shes been in my life for so long now and been a massive part of my life for a long time that losing her now is just so hard to handle.

Since November thing still haven't returned to normal for me yet, I really came close to just giving up on GameGrin and GameOn totally, to be honest, the only thing I have kept doing is the magazine as we have staff who get paid and a massive user base following it.
I would like to thank Kaostic and Ewok who have both gone more than out of their way to help keep things running on GameGrin so I didn't have to worry about being around at all.

I am still not sure If i will be coming back 100% to GameGrin and GameOn, at this moment I am only planning on casual/ part time while we get things straight.
At this moment in time I can not run LANs, I just can not face people just yet still, Since November I haven't even been able to leave the house apart and essential things like school pick ups.
We would like to carry on LANs (and are currently planning the next ones) but we really do seem to be lacking staff, I really need someone to take over it all for the moment.

Linda has been a godsend in helping arrange everything from the funeral to canceling phone bills for my mother. Not quite sure how she or the kids have put up with my shit or moods for the last couple of months.

Even now there is still a lot of things that need to be sorted out, I haven't managed to go through all her emails yet before I closed her accounts down, but we're getting there slowly.

There is some fabulous things about her life, even from her younger years as a teenager, she traveled a lot which always surprised me when I found out later on in life, I intend to post about that stuff another time.

Why am I telling you this? well I needed people to understand why I have vanished and been so distant since November, I am still not 100% yet, but getting there, slowly...

I am going to sorely miss her but never forget her.
R.I.P. my friend

(If the mods could correct any typos/spellings that would be greatly appreciated as I am struggling to re-read though this)

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #16
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

Take you time, your family needs to grieve, its a up and down process and each person will deal with in their own way.
As you know I lost both my mum, dad and brother in law all within 18 months, its now going to be 4 years this July when steve passed away. Its not easy at times, but one thing I would like to say Rasher, don't lock yourself away, do the total opposite, otherwise you may find yourself struggling to get out of .....well what probably seems like dark cloudy days with no signs of getting better.
Just on a pointer, I didn't think I would have ever come back to the lans because of the memories, but I did, I came on my own for a few times, it was hard, but I'm so glad I did because now I really enjoy them again, especially since Oli has started attending them.
I Wish you a speedy recovery, and if you need to chat, just give me a call.
fazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
As fazer said mate, I haven't been in the situation yet so can't really offer any advice, all I can offer is help if required, doubt I'll be much help administration wise at lans but can help where needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 23-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Platinum

Tentacle

Perhaps something for hairy and loopy or ex0 to take over with helpers

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Old 23-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
HarrieSilver

Hopper Mine

HarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant futureHarrieSilver has a brilliant future

Was really brave to write all of this Rash, I will free Kris up as much as possible so he can continue to help out
I hope things return to near-normal soon, because I know after losing someone theres never really a 'normal' but I'm happy to hear you're all doing your best with this situation

We're all here, all the time!
HarrieSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Harrie, was really brave to write this. Also as above, I haven't gone through something like this so can't offer any advice but can offer an ear, if you so need it. I can't promise that the rest of me will be there, but an ear will.

As for work, you have no need to thank me dude. I'm more than happy to help. I actually enjoy the work I do for GG and I'm sure, ironically, it's the only thing that kept me sane during the boring months of Visa. I'll be helping as much as I can in the coming months with whatever you decide. Just throw things at me in Skype and I'm sure I can do them.
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote