GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Console Chat > Xbox & Xbox 360

Xbox & Xbox 360 Covers discussions on anything Xbox related.

Old 18-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute
Xbox 360 connect to VGA but no sound

Lo everyone

We have a VGA slot on our TV
so we have plugged the Xbox 360 (using an official Xbox 360 VGA connector, see image below)

The connector also has two audio connectors, we have a space next to the VGA on the back of the TV and have connected them to the correct colours

Picture is fine, but we get no sound, have tried messing with setting changing from digital to the two other settings, but nothing seems to work.

Any idea or have we missed something?

many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xbox-vga.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	21013  

Follow us on Facebook / Twitter
Follow me on Twitter
Rasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
olobley

Antlion

olobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond reputeolobley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Xbox 360 connect to VGA but no sound

Sure the phono jacks are for the VGA input?
Most of the flatscreen TV's that I've seen (I assume it's a flatscreen), have a regular headphone jack type connector for the VGA sound
olobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olobley View Post
Sure the phono jacks are for the VGA input?
Most of the flatscreen TV's that I've seen (I assume it's a flatscreen), have a regular headphone jack type connector for the VGA sound
I'm going to second this motion (as it's what I said to you on Skype) :P
Old 19-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
Gunn (LA)

Combine Soldier

Gunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to beholdGunn (LA) is a splendid one to behold

I'll check my setup and let you know.

Which'll prompt me to unpack it ...

The opinions expressed in this post are purely that of my own and nothing to do with "GameOn Networking Ltd" unless otherwise stated.
Gunn (LA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Snoozer
Banned

Snoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished roadSnoozer is on a distinguished road

I use the digital output for sound when using my VGA, the other jacks have never worked for me.
Snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

Rasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond reputeRasher has a reputation beyond repute

ok cheers guys
its a mix between
Linda pulling the TV forward.....
shouting out what it looks like at the back (you can only imagine that bit)
and me guessing what she means
i will take some photos of behind the TV today

Follow me on Twitter
Old 19-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

you not know model of tv? find manual online
Old 19-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
djdawsonuk

Bullsquid
Administrator

djdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond reputedjdawsonuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
you not know model of tv? find manual online
I had a look for the manual for his TV, and it's nowhere to be found online... :|
Old 19-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

What TV is it?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
Kaostic

“Because cards...”

Kaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond reputeKaostic has a reputation beyond repute

I had this issue. But with scart plug. Realised that I had to plug the audio into the Surround sound after a while >.< not good.. If it still fails to work, I would suggest to get a HDMI cable.. Works much better
Kaostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Rashers Xbox doesn't have HDMI, Right I think its not being plugged into the right socket, on the end of the two phono pots should be a phono to 3.5mm adapter, plug that into the 3.5mm hole that should be next to or very near the VGA connector.

Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 19-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
marky_mark

Poisonous Zombie

marky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the roughmarky_mark is a jewel in the rough

i agree with the above that there should be a 3.5 for the VGA input
unless its clever and can bring the audio from the audio in phonos
is this the only lead you have ??? component one ???
marky_mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
Beanz
Super Moderator

Beanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond reputeBeanz has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is blatantly part of a cunning plan by Rasher to try and convince Linda that they need to buy a new TV in the sales.
Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Listy

Bullsquid

Listy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to allListy is a name known to all

have a feeling my cable is same but just heading out now will look when i get home
Old 21-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
oBladeo

Vortigaunt

oBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud ofoBladeo has much to be proud of

I have that cable.

I put a phono converter on it and it works a treat. My speaks just plug straight into it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5MM-to-RCA-F...item3ef69e8dd1
Old 21-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Mrs Rasher

Hopper Mine
Administrator

Mrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud ofMrs Rasher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
This thread is blatantly part of a cunning plan by Rasher to try and convince Linda that they need to buy a new TV in the sales.
This is the new TV
Old 21-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Platinum

Tentacle

Whats the model number?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
Rasher

Tentacle
Administrator

cheers everyone, its sorted now
Wedge fitted it for us
thanks

Follow me on Twitter