GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > General Community Forums > For Sale & Wanted

For Sale & Wanted Want to sell something or after an upgrade for your PC?

Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light
Looking for a new Headset.

Hey guys,

I've had the Creative Fatality Headset's twice now, and although I've like them considering the price of them, this is the second time they've broken on me.

I've decided to start looking at slightly more expensive headsets to see if I can get a better quality set up and avoid bad quality, and hopefully find a headset that lasts. So far I've been looking at these:

The Senheisser PC 350s:
Sennheiser PC 350, The Beginning Of a New Era In Gaming Headset Technology: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories Sennheiser PC 350, The Beginning Of a New Era In Gaming Headset Technology: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

The Logitech G35s: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=SP-070-LG

[SB]enheisser HD555[/B]:
Sennheiser HD555 Open Headphone: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories Sennheiser HD555 Open Headphone: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Has anyone had any experience with these? Or would you recomend another headset?
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for a new Headset.

Not tried ether of them but my recomendations are :

If you run on board sound (ughh)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Creat...Gaming-Headset

If you have a decent sound card (XFI / Xonar)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Razer...et-51-with-Mic

I have the Razors and a old XFI card and I cant fault them, The Roccats are also worth a look, I know Wedgeh swears buy them.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Old 04-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
GuNsLiNgEr

Vortigaunt

GuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of lightGuNsLiNgEr is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the input plat, was looking at the Creatives and then decided against them as I don't think I can trust them quality wise lol.

I need to get a new sound card to really, as I have a bit of feedback and ringing which is annoying. So was looking for a headset that I might also be able to watch films with or use on my MP3 player if possible which was why I had the HD555 in threre.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Cronos

Antlion

Cronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond reputeCronos has a reputation beyond repute

Can't fault the HD555's, been using them for a couple years now since my ****ty Medusa's fell apart. Excellent sound for games, music and movies and aside from the foam on the top of the head band coming off a bit in the centre had no issues with them.

"The standard you walk past, is the standard you accept."

I have brave fight to wild bear
I have strong arm lift to wild bear
I am so fast more than train
Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
fazer

Manhack

fazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud offazer has much to be proud of

I can highly recommend the Creative ones Platt linked. I bought a pair last year, I only had onboard sound, so the added bonus of having it built in the headphones was ideal.
The quality of sound and build are good, and light to wear.