GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > All Things GameGrin (GG) > GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat

GameOn LANS - General GO LAN Chat GameOn LAN Parties.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

Dr.BLiND is an unknown quantity at this point
Top-one, Nice-one (LAN)

Just to say Kudos to Rasher and the crew for a gr8 LAN.

I dunno about others but I really liked the Tourney's which were organised, and only wished I could have stayed till Sunday and had more of em.

Highlights for me include, sniping 30 people on DOD with 50 rounds of ammo, then on the next map getting taken out by Glydwr’s heavy each time I try to find a sniping spot :-)… seeing only a bief flash as the bullets surround me. Playing AVP2 for the first time, half tired and with the sound turned full-up…. Woke me up REALLY fast. Finding Hairy’s Burgers almost as good as Lynda’s ;-)

K well see you all online, an maybe for the next one :-)
Old 11-02-2002, 11:34 AM   #2
ShoX

Human Grunt

ShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura aboutShoX has a spectacular aura about
Sweet lan gents, nice to finally meet Gambiatch0r Bob, Blind, Bona, Gibbon top blokes :]

Thanks to Hairy, Linda and the woman who was laughing at me for holding a conversation with Jess for the food (didnt catch your name, sorry!) i certainly didnt stave.

Also kudos to Rasher, Fish, and Crispy for following Gaza into the toilets and giving him a real lan baptisim by fire

I think thats about it, ill reply later when i remember what i was actually going to say.

Rob
Old 11-02-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
Yeah, it was great fun, thank you thank you thank you.

Highlights for me:

Clan Cultiv8 - We spaded out the weeds in dod (our team mates).

On one map, dunno it's name, but it had a central yard area with many sniper sports, I remember neil telling me to follow him to this wikkid spot, so I ran after him for ages, to find a quality sniper spot, apart from, we had spades

I remember coming up behind a prone Blind sniping, and just standing behind him with my spade for ages before ending him

I also remember tking boff accidently (It was I swear) and then changing my name quickly to avoid the wrath.

Also, Verty ended me before I got a chance to spade him

The CS tourney was nice, apart from we only got 1 match, and it was against xVvVx - so that was us out.

Rally masters was great fun, especially the lobby - "A/S/L anyone"?"

and also, Gambit, Neil, Cybex and myself were witness to some 'odd' videos :S

Low points were:

My 40gig hard drive dying on the sunday, and me proceeding to loose a hell of a lot of stuff :/

Oh well, is it a real lan without someone suffering hardware damage?
Old 11-02-2002, 12:14 PM   #4
NeLiO
Name Changer Member

NeLiO is an unknown quantity at this point
RaCHeL and [S_Club] rox joo all!
Old 11-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
Clan [S_Club], ph34r our spammy binds...

"Hannah likes it in the ass"
"Rachel says: Don`t pay for sex"
etc...

Wicked LAN, thanks a lot to all the organizers, wp hairy in the kitchen

Good to finally meet Shox in person and to get owned by [xVvVx], almost bought a tear to the eye for the nostalgia.

[Cultiv8]`s uber TKing in DoD, rofl, shame i forgot to demo me TKing Blind in the head with mah spade (sorry Losty)

Kyle, Shox and myself starting HL DM and then getting a full server, now that rocked big ones

And of course daRude and the dunce hat... roflmao.

and Helta actually saying "lol" out loud and then realising how funny it sounded.

Loads more happened but i cant remember atm, so once again thanks alot rash + co for a blinder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[S_Club]Tina - "not as pretty as Rachel but can shoot a AWP!"

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #6
Losty

Human Grunt

Losty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the roughLosty is a jewel in the rough
rar!
Losty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

ITS NOT TRUE!!!

*hides & waits for demos*
Old 11-02-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
Gaza

Vortigaunt

Gaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really niceGaza is just really nice
The funniest bit had to be when Helta killed darude and shouted
'THIS IS MAH HOUSE COMPRESSION BOY'

And CPU nearly out-camping VvV

btw, who was Bradders in sclub?
Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #9
Boff

Bullsquid

Location: SKELLEFTEÅ, living in Sin with sambo and kid since dec'08 (and loving it)
Boff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to allBoff is a name known to all
TOP LAN

(as always)

sorry I was a bit late.

A big thank you for the food crew (left a message on the MainBoard)

finally got to see some more faces to Handles. (we should have a post your pick biography thing going on)

I got to abuse Verti and Crispy face to face, which is a laugh.

and Rasher gave me a *hug*.

was that Helta Tk'ing me with a spade?
I assure everyone that was NO accident =)
once okay, maybe.
three times is a bit excessive. PLUS on of third time he tracked me down half the map =) through all these windy routes through broken house accros a battlefield onto a sniper spot with a (whoosh whoosh whoosh) sound behind me.
a whole minute later I stopped when I got to the good sniper spot and the sounds went (whoosh whoosh thud) that one I did laugh at. although quite annoyed but that has to be the most persisant TK with a melee weapon I have ever seen
Old 11-02-2002, 01:12 PM   #10
Helta

Manhack

Helta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enoughHelta will become famous soon enough
The SClub crew was like this:

Neilio/Necr0 = Rachel
Me = Hannah
Cybex = Bradders
Gambit = Tina
Bobster = Jo

Bradders abused Rally masters so bad

I've gotta say however, I thorght the best bind was mine - "Hannah Says, Is it REALLY supposed to go in there?"

Oh and boff, the first time was an honest accident, I dont actually remember pressing fire, but you were so verbally annoyed by it, I persisted in following up, you damn weed

And yes, I said lol out loud

"OH GOD, THE QUAD HAS RESPAWNED, OH, I'M GETTING SO HOT, OHHHHH!"

hehe
Old 11-02-2002, 01:24 PM   #11
Gambit

Human Grunt

Gambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enoughGambit will become famous soon enough
rofl Cybering in the rally masters lobby

and bradders abused everything didnt he?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken
Old 11-02-2002, 01:33 PM   #12
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

Come to think of it... bobster does look a little like Jo :-D
Old 11-02-2002, 01:35 PM   #13
bOnA

Houndeye

bOnA is an unknown quantity at this point
YUS 2 tha FOOD CREW

bOnA's funniest moment: Gambit shouting "ROFF-LAMAYOH, ROFF-LAMAYOH" at the top of his voice, extracting the urine from Helta, following his "verbal typing" of lol faf

most bizarre moment: BLiND winning raffle draw 10 mins after 3 or 4 ppl commenting on him being the spawniest fkr ever - and him denying it!! ROFF-LAMAYOH

i had a wicked time boiz (and laydees) and am lookin forward to seeing joo all again.

(i know ive said some of this twice, but i had a really, really good time, okay?!)
bOnA
Old 11-02-2002, 02:01 PM   #14
Preacher

Hopper Mine

Preacher is an unknown quantity at this pointPreacher is an unknown quantity at this point
Best lan i've ever been to by far, and i think it will be hard to beat, shame about your hard drive helta, same thing happened to my 40gb IBM deskstar 60GXP a couple of weeks ago.
You never kno how much stuff u got till u lose it
-Slagging off DaRude in the Flashpoint lobby, quoting things like:
"The hills are alive with the sound of comression"
"Compression, Compression, My kingdom for Compression"
-Cooling Trepkkos's overheating hard-drives with coca-cola cans (hope there were pictures taken of that)

Boff, you should be thankfull you were late, sitting next to DaRude and Brahn, not exactly something to be relished.

Preacher.

Living proof that you can leave the IT industry and become the fastest bin-man in the west country!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:13 PM   #15
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

I'm not Spawney!!!!

ROFL, thats what those Coke-cans were.... i thought someone was making a raft :-D
Old 11-02-2002, 02:43 PM   #16
Helta

Manhack

40gb IBM deskstar 60GXP

^^ That's exactly the same as my hdd that died last weekend.

Only 2 odd months old too
Old 11-02-2002, 03:00 PM   #17
Weasy

Barnacle

Weasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this pointWeasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh dear :|

Same HD I have, friend of mine has 2 that have died on him ;\

Now I'm wondering how long mine has left, luckily most of my stuff is on the server.

Weas
Weasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:25 PM   #18
Gambit

Human Grunt

Re: YUS 2 tha FOOD CREW

Quote:
Originally posted by bOnA
bOnA's funniest moment: Gambit shouting "ROFF-LAMAYOH, ROFF-LAMAYOH" at the top of his voice, extracting the urine from Helta, following his "verbal typing" of lol faf
ROFFLAMAYOH!!!!

man i forgot about that...

Old 11-02-2002, 03:30 PM   #19
Dr.BLiND

Poisonous Headcrab

Errr major suckage :-/

I've got the 20Gb, an 60Gb versions of those... I hope mine will be ok :-/
Old 11-02-2002, 03:44 PM   #20
Preacher

Hopper Mine

Preacher is an unknown quantity at this pointPreacher is an unknown quantity at this point
I REALLY wouldn't count on it, what happened with mine, was the OS stared getting unstable, then it refused to boot the OS, and even if i tried to read from it, when configured as a slave drive it just made v. quiet noises, instead of its ushual clicks., data came thru VERY slowly, if at all.
All IBM Deskstar 60GXP users, i advise you that you make sure your data is backed up ASAP.

Living proof that you can leave the IT industry and become the fastest bin-man in the west country!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote