GameGrin Gaming Forums
Home LANs Forums Reviews Previews

Go Back   GameGrin Gaming Forums > Gaming Forums - Chat about Video Games > First Person Shooter

Old 24-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Adam2208

Barnacle

Adam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enoughAdam2208 will become famous soon enough
Rage is big! And we mean big! 360: 3 Discs! PS3: 8GB!

Rage is big! And we mean big! 360: 3 Discs! PS3: 8GB!

Visit here to read more

Anyone who has been following Rage, id Software's new open-world first-person-shooter, will know that the thing is big. It's huge. Massive. But we didn't realise it was this big...

......Read More
Adam2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rage is big! And we mean big! 360: 3 Discs! PS3: 8GB!

I have a PC, this problem is irrelevent.

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Ex0dUs

Vortigaunt
Administrator

Ex0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud ofEx0dUs has much to be proud of

Thats definitely big, makes it obvious they are running into compression issues now with current hardware.
Ex0dUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #4
Betty_Swallocks
Super Moderator

Betty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond reputeBetty_Swallocks has a reputation beyond repute

Not big by PC standards though. Assassins Creed Brotherhood is over 8.5 gig installed.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
ExcessNeo

Bullsquid

ExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond reputeExcessNeo has a reputation beyond repute

If I recall gran turismo was about 10gb to install so it's not unheard of for PS3 games to install that much, it's where having a massive hard drive comes in handy, with my 750gb hard drive on my ps3 I don't have to make decisions like "Do I want to play this game anytime soon? If not I'll have to delete the install data to fit x new game" And with all the PSN+ stuff I can have it all installed at once as well.
ExcessNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
TGK

Civil Protection

TGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond reputeTGK has a reputation beyond repute

Lost Odyssey is 4 discs on the 360.
Old 25-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Flarty

Fast Headcrab

Flarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the roughFlarty is a jewel in the rough

this isnt due to the expansive environments, its down to the size of the textures.
Flarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
evilgiraffeman

Manhack

evilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really niceevilgiraffeman is just really nice

This worries me. I played the game for an hour on the Xbox 360 for an hour at GamesCom and was faced with frequent texture problems and poor draw distances.

Don't think that this will be something faced by the PC version. Unless they have fixed these then it seems likely that will influence my decision on what platform to get it.
evilgiraffeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
Platinum

Tentacle

Platinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond reputePlatinum has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you have a problem choosing, if you have a PC that can play it then thats the logical choice?

"Left cex. Am up on high street
Going to cash gen opposite primark. Then into game in the bridges." - djd4ws0n 2017
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #10
Gunner002

Antlion

Gunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to beholdGunner002 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Why would you have a problem choosing, if you have a PC that can play it then thats the logical choice?
Agreed, and I'm not all to arsed for the large size thanks to having a PC, consoles again showing how out of touch they are with PC's. Looking forward to Rage though only a week to go, looks like Fallout and Borderlands combined, loved both of those games so hoping this lives up to the hype and if not bring on Borderlands 2 (going to be immense).
AMD R9 290X @ 1100/1420MHz
OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 X2
XFX XXX 650watt PSU
Corsair Vengeance C70 Black
Gunner002 is offline   Reply With Quote